American Heritage says it will work to find a new owner for Mount Rainier Scenic

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Bob

Forum Host
Staff member
American Heritage says it will work to find a new owner for Mount Rainier Scenic

“It is with great regret and sorrow we make this announcement today, as everyone associated with this historic railroad has worked extremely hard to make it prosper and delight guests from all over the world,” said John Harper, general manager of American Heritage Railways, Inc. “With still many financial and operational unknowns to work through, AHR will announce further details in the near future regarding its plans for the facility, including finding a new owner and overseeing the divestiture of its famed locomotives and other important infrastructure assets. In the meantime, we wish to thank all of our loyal employees and volunteers who helped us celebrate the rich industrial history of the Pacific Northwest’s late 19th and early 20th-century settlement and growth.”

I'm Dave Bunting , Packwood, publisher of the Highway Shopper newspaper. We at the Shopper have been very pleased to advertise the Mt. Rainier Railroad. I am very sad about the situation Mt. Rainier railroad is in. I know and APPRECIATE SO MUCH THE VOLUNTEERS who built it and who ran it until American Heritage Railways came in. I find it surprising that AHR has quit it with that huge customer base they built. It looked to me like they had to be doing well but probably they were running on a shoestring and absolutely depended on the first fares this spring to carry them through to summer.
One of you seemed to indicate there is a question about who owns the equipment???
Anyhow, THANK YOU BOB AND BILL AND ALL THE REST OF YOU! And I hope someone will come forward to run it!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back