A few photos of KCS locomotives in Texas.

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

MarkJL

Railfan Railroader
Below are a few photos I took of Kansas City Southern Locomotives here in Texas. The fisrt photo was taken at Wylie, Texas. The last 3 photos were taken at Sulphur Springs, Texas. Enjoy!

Midsouth fan

Engr/'duc/brkmn/DS
These must be older pictures (not just because of the lack of snow :D). The shot on the very left are ghosts of the past. I believe the 661 met its fate with the cutting torch in E. St. Louis a year or 2 ago. :confused:

MarkJL

Railfan Railroader
Midsouth fan, the photo of the SD40-2 line up at Wylie was taken 12-5-2010 and the SD70mac's were taken on 12-18-2010.

Midsouth fan

Engr/'duc/brkmn/DS
WOW! I had read/heard that alot of the old KCS SD-40s had been cut-up (including the world famous "devil motor", KCS 666 :mad: ). This is a great catch! :cool:

D-Brad

KCS 666 is still around its sitting at the Deramus Yard as I type now,and most of the 40s that were scrapped were the old TFMs and a few of the KCSs.

Midsouth fan

Engr/'duc/brkmn/DS
I have a friend who will be estatic to know that her favorite engine is still alive. Can you tell what they are doing to it where you are D-Brad? How long has it been there?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)