Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.
Spent the day in Wenatchee. Amidst fits of work (argh!) I was able to get in some railfanning. The day was hazy due to fires in the hills, and my camera is bottom-of-the-line, but here we go:
(1) At 9:44 AM the BNSF 5339 leads the Z-SSECHC-7-21 into town. This train should normally be at Spokane by now. The crew out of Interbay had to be dogcaught after they set out a bad order car at Gold Bar.
(2) At 11:32 AM the CN 8018, going away, leads the V-BLUPTL-1-17 out of Wenatchee towards the mountains. I missed the lead units when I was away for coffee. Yes, I threw a tantrum.
(3) At 12:03 PM the California Northern 106 and (Rail America) CSCD 1001 lead the CSCD into the Main Yard downtown with lumber and limestone loads, as well as some boxcars probably containing pulp. They then picked up the string of empties seen a couple tracks to the right (and some other cars on the standard oil track) and went back towards Omak within 60-90 minutes.
(4) At 1:41 PM a work train led by the BNSF 2812, coming off the Scenic Sub, has just dropped its cars and is headed towards the east switch of the West Yard downtown.
(5) The work train dropped this string of ballast cars, with a caboose at the end which I couldn’t legally approach. They later shuffled these cars around before heading west again, I think to Cashmere.
(6) Also on the scene today were these hazmat training cars. In the morning I saw a worker (trainee?) going in and out of the door on the end of the white car. Didn’t see what was in the car.
(7) At 1:43 PM, just after the arrival of the work train, the BNSF 7561 leads the Z-SSECHC-6-22 in for a crew change. UP 3861 adds some variety to the consist.
(8) At 2:35 PM the BNSF 5603 is on the point of the S-SEALPC-1-21, finally arriving. It died somewhere on the hill last night, a victim of the Z-7’s problems.
RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.
ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)