103 222 with measurement train and some other trains (11 p.)

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Trans-Karoo

Yesterday (03.06.2014) I decided to took some pictures on the Emsland line from
trains. I thought maybe I'll see some locos Class 101 with advertisement or
Class 120 in front of an IC (Intercity train) but there came only class 101 locos without
advertisement.
But fortunately there came a measuretrain lead by class 103, formerly the locomotive for
Intercity and TEE (Trans Europ Express) trains.

I took some pictures of local trains and the (at the moment few) freight trains because there are track
works on this line at the moment.

111 134-3 with RE 14109 en route to Münster

An unknown Class 151 with freight train en route to Emden

Like the freight train with the unknown 151 came also this train from the wrong direction for a perfect picture. Here is a loco
from the Spitzke company leading some construction vehicles en route to Emden

This was the star of the day. 103 222-6 with the measuretrain en route to Osnabrück.

A closer view at the train.

Then I was looking for other photo positions which enable me to take pictures from different angles at that place.

From Leschede - which is in my back - came this RE en route to Emden with an unknown Class 111.

Within 30 seconds after the RE past came this train with construction cars. It was leaded by the RVM loco No 61. (98 80 3295 953-4 D-RVM)

I found another position from where I took this picture of the freight train, leaded by 155 033-4 from Hanekenfähr en route to Osnabrück.

As next came this freight train - leaded by 185 222-7 - with 140 590-1 and car transporter in tow.

From Emden to Münster drove this train, leaded by 111 132-7 as RE 14111.

I found still another photo position as I became surprised by this short freight train which was leaded by a loco of the
company "Enercon". The loco was the 203 318-1 en route to Emden.

Last edited by a moderator:

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back