Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. C

Anyone know train schedule for Camden NJ, Norfolk Southern?

Ima late on this one, but ... ATCSMon has has a huge majority railroad territories online. Some complete, some not so complete. It is simple to download and install on a windoz machine, then setup to monitor whatever territory happens to be in your location, or you can watch a territory from a...
  2. C

timeline

Hi All Check out our timeline Map. I know it is only kinda related to RR stuff however I found it interesting. If you have a google account AND you have allowed you device to tell google your location, you can see where you have been. You can group by day, week or ? The Map link shows where we...
  3. C

How did this pix happen?

I haven't been through there in the early evening and don't know if they turn in inside lights on. Station is open for both the EB and WB Builder at 01:00 and that is my sleep time! I can't just go there as it is a 80 mile drive.
  4. C

How did this pix happen?

Welp, the universe can now rest! The outside window was single pain, however there is another complete window on the inside about 6 inches in, painted black or some dark color. It was hard to see even when looking for it. Boy, what a dumb sh.t was I!
  5. C

How did this pix happen?

Hi Bob, ALL of the interior shots were like that. When I got home the first time and looked at the pix, I deleted them because you really could not see the interior all that great. Figured that I would find another way, or get there when station was open. I got to thinking about those deleted...
  6. C

How did this pix happen?

Ok, so this has me bugged. I guess that the lens is offset from the window glass by about 1/8 inch: distance from UV filter outer ring to filter glass. The sun-shade is not attached. Have to go to Spo today and will give it a go without the UV filter on the way back.
  7. C

How did this pix happen?

Lens was flat on the glass as I figured that way the camera could see inside instead of the glass reflecting the end of the lens back. I will check again, but am pretty sure it was single pain. This is a head scratcher.
  8. C

How did this pix happen?

Been awhile, but think that the K1000 was the only Pentax that was not sight through lens; and I am not sure of that. Got that one in 87ish.
  9. C

How did this pix happen?

Hmm, don't think so. As far as I know, all of the Pentax I have owned; both film and digital focus through the lens. When I took that shot, focus was at infinity as I don't remember rattling the glass. If there were a 2nd lens for auto-focus, would it not be off center somewhere which would...
  10. C

How did this pix happen?

Hi All! Hope y'all are well Ok, so I stopped at Sandpoint station the other day and got some shots of her for modeling purpose. I could not get inside as it is only open at 0:dark:30. I figured that I would place my lens flat on the window and attempt to get shots of the inside. You can see...
  11. C

Stuff along the Sub - Spokane

Boy, don't remember seeing anything like that. I have been all three sides of that junction too. Will check next time.
  12. C

Gonna double-track to Sandpoint Junction. Still have not found out if that is to continue up the Kootenai or stop here as we go East to Missoula on the MRL. Track through to the junction looks to be tricky. Looks like they will have to join the current alignment for the station, build a new...
  13. C

Got these yesterday. Day before was raining with whitecaps on the lake which might have made a good pix, although ISP had multiple cars pulled over in the spot I could stop and get off US95. These are about 1/4 mile away looking kinda Northeast. Looks like the alignment is gonna be just...
  14. C

ATCSMon on the Kootenai Sub

Ya, used to go to the Parkwater yard office and ask for a lineup. There usually would be a TT there also. When I lived in the Everett, Wa area, I found that you could go online for a line up. BNSF squashed that pretty quick. Over the years I have found some employees that would be willing to...
  15. C

Posting picture size and formats?

Bob, haven't tried to upload pix. As I said, working on the train cave trying to setup shop. Once that happens I will have space for workstations and such. Ima old and slow - hang on tight! todh
  16. C

ATCSMon on the Kootenai Sub

Hi All! If you like watching trains - ya who doesn't? If you don't know about it; think about ATCSMon. I am doing Libby on my base antenna, and take a radio and laptop out with me when ima chasing trains. Allows me to move along trackside until I see some activity, then I can setup to watch...
  17. C

Spokane to points East 2MT

Hi All Got to thinking about it. I was assuming that BNSF would double-track as much as they could into Whitefish. Flathead Tunnel is the main problem, with the Kootenai River Canyon between Crossport ( Bonners Ferry ) to Yakt ( West of Troy ) being the other. So: Since the main splits at...
  18. C

So where are you? Hi Bill Your right - Libby MT. I have lived all over Spokane during the growth years and college until 1987, then Snohomish, Everett and Arlington. Got to Libby in 2004.
  19. C

Working on those pix. Found that I needed to setup the shop portion of the train cave as I do not want to move stuff down for building RR; except for one chop saw. There is a mess as we piled everything on the floor upstairs making room downstairs. Now I need to clear floor space. Currently...
  20. C

Not to worry, my Pentax is only 24Mpix. I haven't done much in the video world; couple here and there. Welp, that might have changed; my daughter got me a drone for Christmas with HD camera. Now I can get roof and area details and not have to rely on Google Earth. Just for info, no work on...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back