Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Kevinm56

Rochelle, IL Train Park

2. Kevinm56

Long Coal Train: Geneva, IL

This is the longest train I've seen in quite a while - 6 locomotives.
  3. Kevinm56

Lunch Time at Geneva Illinois

It was a beautiful day in Illinois and I ate lunch at the Geneva, Illinois train station, camera at my side. I got some pictures of a Metra commuter headed inbound to Chicago. The train sat at the station for about 10 minutes -- not sure why.
  4. Kevinm56

Geneva Illinois: 2021-03-04

The weather is turning much nicer here, so I got out and got a couple pictures. I sat at the Geneva, Illinois train station. The commuter was westbound. The freight (all oil cars except the first one - you could smell the oil) was eastbound toward Chicago.
  5. Kevinm56

January 30, 2021: Activity in Geneva, Illinois

I got out in the cold and gray this morning, ahead of the predicted snowfall, and caught an eastbound freight.
  6. Kevinm56

Geneva, Illinois: January 16, 2021

Westbound freight. Eastbound Metra commuter headed into Chicago.
  7. Kevinm56

UP Activity: Illinois

The eastbound commuter and eastbound freight were captured in Geneva, IL and then I took a ride to the train park in Rochelle, IL and caught a westbound freight.
  8. Kevinm56

Commuter Activity: Geneva, IL

Got a shot of a commuter train on my lunch hour. It's pushing the train east into Chicago.
  9. Kevinm56

Activity: Geneva, Illinois

8 AM on a Saturday morning. Not a car in the lot. I suppose this is a function of the covid pandemic. I do know Metra ridership is down quite a lot. Eastbound freight - all auto carriers. Metra headed to Chicago, waiting for passengers to load. This was the 8:38 train - some folks had...
  10. Kevinm56

Geneva, Illinois - August 29, 2020

It is a beautiful day here in Illinois, finally the heat has left and we have cool, dry weather! Caught a westbound train with what looked like empty coal cars and an eastbound commuter.
  11. Kevinm56

Freight Activity: Geneva, Illinois

I snapped a picture of a westbound freight - single engine. The eastbound freight had 8! It was going so fast.
  12. Kevinm56

Rochelle, IL Train Park Pictures

There were only 2 trains during the 1.5 hours I was there, but both arrived at the same time.
  13. Kevinm56

Traffic in Geneva, IL: May 9, 2020

A beautiful day today in Geneva, IL. The Metra commuter was eastbound. The two freights were westbound.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back