Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. momagna

30 Years in the Canyon May 21, 1988 to May 20, 2018 Niles Canyon Railway

Niles Canyon Railway ran the very first car May 21, 1988. This was after the volunteers built up 1.6 miles of track from the Brightside yard to Sunol, CA. That very first run used this vehicle.
  2. momagna

Railroads across the United States of America momagna style

Traveling by car off the beaten path is a fantastic way to see trains, railroads, locomotives, scenic railroads and anything that toots and whistles. In the following thread. I will post up pictures of all of the cars, cabooses, trains, locomotives I come across on the paved roadways.
  3. momagna

Niles Canyon Railway volunteers, guests and contractors

Everyone is a volunteer at NCRY although the railroad does hire various contractors to complete jobs that the volunteers cannot. This thread will include various volunteers, passengers, visitors, contractors and guests who come to the scenic railroad.
  4. momagna

Locomotives of the Niles Canyon Railway www.ncry.org

Quincy #2 http://www.ncry.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=541047&module_id=137777&actr=4
  5. momagna

MOW along the highway

As I drove down the highway on vacation this caught my eye. I pulled off to take pictures and watch these guys work along the railline.
  6. momagna

M200 Skunk Car

The Pacific Locomotive Association owns the one of a kind Skunk Train the M200 The Skunk Car as she is known is a resident of Brightside Yard. From the web page here http://www.ncry.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=541047&module_id=171817&actr=4#CWM200 Motor Cars California Western...
  7. momagna

Volunteer much? MOW NCRY style

Niles Canyon Railway http://www.ncry.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=541047&module_id=260397 NCRY is an all volunteer organization. There are many different options for volunteers from ticket sales, car repair, train crew, bush wacking and PLENTY for the MOW groups. There are...
  8. momagna

Tennessee Valley Railroad

After attending the Florida Cracker Trail ride and wagon train and driving to Tennessee I luckily made the very first day of running the locomotive at TVRM Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum in Chattanooga, TN. As a volunteer on the Niles Canyon Railway I was able to hand out NCRY business cards...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back