Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. R

Comment by 'Raildog' in media 'DSP5403'

Nice Shot!
  2. SOO 773

SOO 773

3. ATSF Caboose's at P&PU Yard - Peoria, IL Mid 80's

ATSF Caboose's at P&PU Yard - Peoria, IL Mid 80's

4. Tunnel motors at Green Street

Tunnel motors at Green Street

5. Lake States beauty

Lake States beauty

Beauty being only skin deep in this case. Not sure what modified model this is. Help?
  6. Diamond grinding.

Diamond grinding.

The CGW hopper caught my eye while this transfer passed by.
  7. CN SD40-2 5029 30d

CN SD40-2 5029 30d

I don't know too much about these units. any help would be appreciated.
  8. SOO LINE 2553

SOO LINE 2553

Working the West end of the Bensenville yard. Nice weathering on this torpedo tubed baby. I will post more information as I receive it. Please comment if you know which GP this is, 7 or 9. Thanks
  9. R

Comment by 'Raildog' in media 'slide scans'

Thanks Rail Barron! These looked like they were done for back then.
  10. Signs, everywhere signs...

Signs, everywhere signs...

Shot at Fort Madison, IA. June 22, 1987
  11. slide scans

slide scans

SD10 Washed and ready to go. Pretty or not...
  12. slide scans

slide scans

CC&P GP10 ( I think) is bringing back the remainder of here early morning work, from the west end of this ex-IC line. Nice catch too. We just left the house for a few hour trip to Edilstein and two blocks from home we caught this train.
  13. slide scans

slide scans

Shot from the roof of Corwith Tower.
  14. slide scans

slide scans

Empty stack train just out of Corwith. She's passed the GM/UPS facilitys and headed toward Lemont then on to Joliet.
  15. Old slides finally scanned.

Old slides finally scanned.

Two two new brake cylinders that we can see, all for 5988...
  16. Eight at Willow Springs.

Eight at Willow Springs.

This Westbound junk train is pulling out of the old Willow Springs yard, which is located just West of the Stevenson Expressway in the Suburbs of Chicago. This is now the site of a huge Inter-modal yard and UPS facility. The picture was taken prior to 1997 and nothing here is the same as it was...
  17. It must be 1991.

It must be 1991.

No clues on the old snap shot size print that I found while looking for something else. This is definitely Willow Springs, Illinois, looking east. About 11 years ago the track was realigned to the south to allow the building of a huge BNSF Intermodal yard on this spot.
  18. Seaboard - Family Lines Power.

Seaboard - Family Lines Power.

Not sure where I took this slide.
  19. Aeron Tanker

Aeron Tanker

Easily replicable graffiti for weatherers, modeling this era.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back