Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. kyleodonnell97

What type of workouts do you do?

I'm just wondering to see what every railroad worker does to say fit while working on the railroad.
  2. kyleodonnell97

How do you become a railroad welder? And what is it like

Hey guys, I'm a tech school student in Iowa, and I've currently transferred from diesel power technology at my school, to welding technology. I've transferred from diesel technology to welding because I feel like that I'm a more better welder than a mechanic. My welding instructor told me that...
  3. kyleodonnell97

The Best BNSF Locomotive Shop?

What is the best shop for BNSF? I know some of their shop locations are in Galesburg, IL, Witchia, KS, Denver, CO, and Billings, MT, but what do you all think is the best BNSF locomotive shop and why?
  4. kyleodonnell97

BNSF in the Ottumwa Sub

Here are some photos that I've taken at the BNSF Ottumwa Sub in Ottumwa, IA back from September-December 2016.
  5. kyleodonnell97

What is it like to work for IAIS?

I know that the Iowa Interstate Railroad (IAIS) is a Class II railroad and that it's much more different than working for a Class 1 railroad. I've heard that if I work as a conductor for the Iowa Interstate Railroad for example, than I will be able to get a regular job schedule with regular days...
  6. kyleodonnell97

Trains at the Walt Disney Hometown Museum in Marceline, Missouri

Here are some photos that I've taken at the Walt Disney Hometown Museum and the former Amtrak Station in Marceline, Missouri on June 18, 2017. The Santa Fe Disneyland Steam Locomotive is on display in the town's park. The Eastbound Southwest Chief then passes by during the tour. And then later...
  7. kyleodonnell97

Concerns from a current Diesel/Locomotive Student

Hi, I just want to ask some questions since I am planing working as a Locomotive Mechanic after college. I've just finished my first year of community college last May, and I'll be heading back to take the Locomotive Term this fall and winter. But I don't know what's going to happen to me after...
  8. kyleodonnell97

Railroad Jobs for people with Asperger's Syndrome

Hello everybody, Can people who have Asperger's Syndrome get a railroad job even if they take the medication for it? I'm only asking because I've been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome since I was 2, and I still feel confident that I would get a railroad job someday. I just wanna make sure...
  9. kyleodonnell97

What's like to be a Locomotive Mechanic?

Hello Everyone, My name is Kyle and I'm hoping for a career with the railroad industry. I've just graduated from high school in Northern Missouri and will be heading off to a two year college in Southern Iowa to major in Diesel Power Technology. Does anyone work for the railroad industry as a...
  10. kyleodonnell97

My Name is Kyle

Hello Everyone, My name is Kyle O'Donnell and I planned to work on the railroad someday.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back