Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. K

Tram and VAL Tour de France (with pics)

Bonjour, for my big vacation a few years ago year I chose a "Tour de France". Amongst a lot of cathedrals and other sights, I visited two VAL-Métros and several trams all around the country. The tour started in Lille in northern France Tram The tram network consists of two lines (R, T). Both...
  2. K

Métro and Trams in Southern France (with pics)

Bonjour, in 2015 I have spent a week in Marseille to visit the city and do some trips to other cities in southern France. Aside from a lot of sightseeing, I managed to catch some tram and railway pictures. I will start my report in Marseille. After arriving in Marseille I bought a 72h...
  3. K

[FR] Trip to Lyon: Métro, Trams and a great station

Bonjour, I spent a few days in Lyon. Apart from a lot of sightseeing, I managed to catch some rail-related impressions. Let's start with the Métro. The network consists of four lines. Lines A, B and D use rubber tires, linie C uses toothed rack rail for a steep section Métro C A few...
  4. K

[FR] Tram and more in the South of France IV: Montpellier+Nîmes+Arles

Bonjour, the final installment of my trip report features Montpellier, Nîmes und Arles. Gare St Roch The platforms of Gare St Roch were dark and not vrey welcoming. The station building above proved to be a bright and ice to look at. Tram de Montpellier The tram network...
  5. K

[FR] Tram and more in the South of France III: Nice+Aix-en-Provence

Bonjour, for part three some mixed pictures from Nice and Aix-en-Provence Gare Nice-Ville A trip from Marseille to Nice takes about 2,5 hours. If you take a TGV or a TER train makes a difference of only a few minutes. I prefered the comfort of the 1st class in a TGV to a TER. The journey...
  6. K

[FR] Tram and more in the South of France II: Aubagne+Avignon

Bonjour, for part two I have compiled mixed pictures from trips to Aubagne and Avignon. Tram d'Aubagne Depending on which train you take, Aubagne is 15-25min train ride away from Marseille. Since September 2014 a tram running there again. The network consists of one line. A ride end to...
  7. K

[FR] Tram and more in the South of France I: Marseille

Bonjour, I have spent a week in Marseille to visit the city and do some trips to other cities in southern France. Aside from a lot of sightseeing, I managed to catch some tram and railway pictures. I will start my report in Marseille. After arriving in Marseille I bought a 72h tram-bus-metro...
  8. K

[FR] Paris: VAL, Tram, Métro and Church windows (with pics)

Bonjour, I spent a few days in Paris last autumn and again this month. A little compilation of pictures taken at various location in the greater Paris region. CDGVAL The CGLVAL connects the terminals and parking lots at Charles de Gaulle airport. Impression from the section between...
  9. K

[FR] Paris: IZY, Métro, Trams and green spaces (with pics)

Bonjour, I could not resist the 39€ Paris offer in the SNCF Newsletter. So I spent a few days in the French capital. Some impressions from different points around the city. In terms of sight seeing I visited several parks mostly a bit of the usual tourist tracks. I hope you enjoy it. "IYZ"...
  10. K

[CH] Métro de Lausanne

Bonjour, I used the return of a business trip for a one day visit to Lausanne. Among some sightseeing I wanted to take a look at the only Métro system in Switzerland The Métro network has two lines: m1 is more or less a "normal" tram, whereas m2 is a fully automated, rubber-tired métro...
  11. K

[FR][IT] Cote d'Azur II: Genua, Tende, Menton

Bonjour, for the second part: A day trip to Genoa, the railway linking Nice and Tende and some mixed stuff. Genoa Genao is located about a three hours Thello ride from Nice. I had bought the tickets in advance for 25€ each way in first last. The day before my trip a freight wagon of a...
  12. K

[FR][MC] Cote d'Azur I: Nice, Monaco, Digne

Bonjour, I had some vacation days left from last year that I had to get rid of. So I spent a week in Nice for sightseeing and trips to different places in the vicinity. I will start my like trip review with pictures from Nice, Monaco and Digne-les-Bains. Gare Nice-Ville A compilation of...
  13. K

[FR] Tram+VAL Tour de France 6: Toulouse+Besancon

Bonjour, this is the final installment of my Tour de France. The last stops of my trip where Toulouse and Besancon. Toulouse Toulouse has two Métro and two tram line. The metro is of type VAL and uses rubber tires Line A on the bridge across the motorway near terminus "Balma-Gramont"...
  14. K

[FR] Tram+VAL Tour de France 5: Bordeaux

Bonjour, next stop of the Tour de France: A fews days in Bordeaux. Tram My impression of the tram: Its a victim of its own success. The tram were pretty crowded. The APS power supply system that works without overhead wiring was originally developped for the tram in Bordeaux. The aim...
  15. K

[FR] Tram+VAL Tour de France 4: Angers+Le Mans

Bonjour, welcome the fourth installment of my Tour de France: Angers und Le Mans. Angers Currently, Angers has one line. But expansion of the network is under way The trams are white with colourful stripes. After leaving stop "Gares" this tram heads downtown. A got this...
  16. K

[FR] Tram+VAL Tour de France 3: Tours+Orléans

Bonjour, the next stop of the tour was Tours (no pun intended ;-)). It's ideally located for several trips to neihbouring cities. Let's start with pictures taken in Tours and Orléans Tours Tours has one tram line. The design is quite unique and offers a contrast to usually round design...
  17. K

[FR] Tram+VAL Tour de France 2: Valenciennes+Rouen

Bonjour, Part two of my Tour de France report is a compilation of pictures of two trips that I made while staying in Lille: I went to Rouen and Valciennes. Valenciennes Valenciennes is just a 45min train ride away from Lille The tram network consists of two lines. Both lines start at...
  18. K

[FR] Tram+VAL Tour de France 1: Lille

Bonjour, for my big vacation this year I chose a "Tour de France". Amongst a lot of cathedrals and other sights, I visited two VAL-Métros and several trams all around the country. The tour started in Lille in northern France Tram The tram network consists of two lines (R, T). Both...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back