Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. M

Up close with SRT 4029 (GE UM12C) as she pulls passenger cars out of Hua Lamphong

Hi everybody, I've almost finished processing the video I shot at Hua Lamphong back in June. I need to make time to get back out and grab some more video/audio. We're heading into rainy season so the challenge gets even more fun! Anyway, here is some footage of a rather weary-looking GE UM12C...
  2. M

SRT 4016 (GE UM12C) arrives Hua Lamphong to pull 3rd-class passenger service 7/6/2015

Just uploaded video of SRT 4016, a GE UM12C arriving into platform 7 at Bangkok's Hua Lamphong Station on 7 June, 2015, to couple with a third-class passenger service. You can see SRT 4016 departing with this same service a bit later on the same day here: [/VIDEO] Cheers!
  3. M

SRT Alstom 4223 pulls a passenger service into Bangkok's Hua Lamphong Station

State Railways of Thailand Alstom 4223 arrives into Hua Lamphong Station in Bangkok, Thailand with a passenger service on 7 June 2015. You can also see SRT 4223 pulling a passenger service through the rather bumpy Sam Sen Station here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e4zRkHvaxw
  4. M

SRT GE UM12C shunting, coupling & departing at Hua Lamphong Staton, Bangkok 7/6/2015

Hey everybody, Got a new video for y'all. This is one of those 'vintage' (ie., tired...) GEC locos found dotted around the SRT system. This one is busy shunting rolling stock in and out of platforms at Hua Lamphong Station in Bangkok. I'm really happy about how well I captured the sound of...
  5. M

SRT 4016 (GE UM12C) departs Hua Lamphong pulling 3rd class commuter service (HD)

Check out this video of State Railways of Thailand GE UM12C number 4016 departing Bangkok's Hua Lamphong Station pulling a short commuter service. The driver even hits the brakes to slow down just enough for a late passenger to hop aboard before the train leaves. What's also kind of cool is...
  6. M

2 new videos of trains in Thailand

Hi everybody, I finally had time to process two more videos from Samsen Railway station SRT Hitachi 8FA-36C No. 4508 into Samsen Railway Station (long-shot) Soon, I will upload some video shot at the main Hua Lamphong Station in Bangkok. Stay tuned! nk
  7. M

Really cool - computer-generated 3D model of SRT Alsthom loco

I just came across this really cool video of a computer-generated 3D model of a State Railways of Thailand Alsthom loco. It's produced by a Thai guy who seems to work in computer graphics and I think he's done a beautiful job of fading/distressing the paint work. It's even got soot stains!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back