Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. S

CSX employment concerns

I got in at BNSF. Going to Chicago by the end of the summer. :cool:
  2. S

CN Candidate pool

I've applied for a number of positions with CN. I get passed over for everything even though I passed the online tests. So I have no idea what their deal is. It doesn't matter for me because I just got offered a job with BNSF in Chicago in locomotive maintenance management. CN's hiring process...
  3. S

BNSF Conductor trainee Richmomd CA

I got in. Looks like I'm going to Chicago for locomotive maintenance management. ....... Bout time.
  4. S

BNSF Conductor trainee Richmomd CA

I've just been invited to Dallas on April 9th and 10th for a management hiring session. I just accepted the invite and I waiting for the travel instructions.
  5. S

KCS Hiring Practices

Thanks. I had two phone interviews this past week. One with BNSF for an EFLS Mechanical position and the other with good ole CSX for a trainmaster trainee. I am also waiting on an invite from UP. They have approved my application and will notify when they are ready to proceed. I also passed the...
  6. S

KCS Hiring Practices

Doesn't matter. I received my rejection email today. 45 days after the interview. Like I didn't see that one coming. <sigh>
  7. S

CSX employment concerns

Just an update. I have interviewed with KCS for a Line-of-Service manager position (no impact, no idea) and BNSF for an EFLS mechanical position (waiting for an invite to a hiring session). I've been placed on the "application approved" list with UP for a trainmaster position and I am waiting...
  8. S

Career as a RailRoad Conductor

Question: About how much can a conductor expect to make annually? What is the average with overtime and whatnot? I currently am in the United Steelworkers making $23.22 per hour turning wrenches on Bradley Fighting Vehicles for BAE Systems but the company is anti-union and horrible to work for...
  9. S

KCS Hiring Practices

Really? Not one professional railroader on here has a thing to offer after 195 views?
  10. S

CSX employment concerns

I think either or would be fine if you plan on a long career in the railroad. In supply chain management you could start out as a trainmaster on the line in the "scary, harsh" jobs and then later make a move into strategic purchasing or some other cushy 9 to 5 headquarters job once you're older...
  11. S

CSX employment concerns

Well that's outstanding! I already have my Bachelor's of Science in Technical Management Logistics and I am taking classes for a Master's of Science in Transportation Management. I have applications in with several of the Class Is and it looks like I'm interviewing with Union Pacific very soon...
  12. S

CN Rail Relocation Question

More than likely you didn't make the interview. I am preparing to fly from Harrisburg, PA to Chicago, IL for a first round interview with Union Pacific. I am footing the ticket and overnite hotel room myself. It's a gamble, of course but you can't win if you don't play.
  13. S

How to get a Interview with KCS

I recently had an interview with KCS. Came clear out of the blue unexpectedly and then it dashed off into the night never to be seen or heard from again. I was supposed to know one way or the other two weeks ago but I am getting nothing but silence from Kansas City these days. I am pretty much...
  14. S

KCS Hiring Practices

Does anyone here have any experience with KCS and their hiring practices? Three weeks ago I received an email from a Blaine Steck asking me to participate in a phone interview. The person that called me for the actual interview that Friday was a man named Bill Perry who was working on the...
  15. S

CSX employment concerns

CSX can be so slow and sloppy with their hiring process. Sometimes I wonder how they manage to keep on top of things. Who have you emailed? Tamara Pulliam? or perhaps Shannon Mcveagh? From my experience with CSX, UP, NS and KCS thus far these railroaders are in no big friggin hurry to hire...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back