Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. EMDGP30

Misc rolling stock

Not sure which is more remarkable; being graffiti-free or still having its original reporting marks! How does someone have enough time AND paint to do this?
  2. EMDGP30

NS Northeast Georgia

Ballast cleaner I am on is working toward South Carolina and I got a few pics of some cabooses that have been preserved in some of the small towns that we have been through. Cornelia, GA Cornelia, GA https://www.abandonedrails.com/tallulah-falls-railroad
  3. EMDGP30

NS Danville Sub

Barely got this NS Heritage unit 8114 in Nicholasville, KY this afternoon; still looks good to be almost 10 years old, (built 3/12)
  4. EMDGP30

NS CNO&TP Sub

Started working on NS Tuesday and was able to get a few pics Northbound doublestack at Roddy,TN Northbound general manifest pulling into the siding at South Rockwood. Northbound in the siding at Rockwood, TN waiting on a southbound Southbound at Rockwood,TN
  5. EMDGP30

CSX Columbus Subdivision

The ballast cleaner I am on finished working on BNSF at the end of August and is now working on CSX. We are working north (railroad west) toward Fostoria. I was able to get a few pics today; I wasn't able to get to the sunny side on a couple pics. This beauty is in Harpster, Ohio at a grain...
  6. EMDGP30

BNSF's Marshall Subdivision

Last week the surfacing gang I am with began working on BNSF's Marshall Subdivision, which if the internet research I did was a former Great Northern line. Today we worked south of Pipestone, MN and worked past a grain facility in Split Rock, MN. There were a couple of units parked there that I...
  7. EMDGP30

Pioneer Lines

Saw this beauty leaving the Peoria, IL airport yesterday
  8. EMDGP30

BNSF’s Marceline Sub

Yesterday I finished working on BNSF’s Marceline Sub and got a few pics. A KCS unit on a eastbound doublestack train. single unit on an empty eastbound unit train. Grab shot of former ATSF coaling/sanding tower Marceline, Missouri. Amtrak’s Southwest Chief
  9. EMDGP30

BNSF's St.Croix Subdivision

Finished working on the St. Croix sub Friday and was able to get a few pics; we moved to the Marceline Sub over the holiday weekend and start work Tuesday, A westbound freight passing Hager City, WI; the track in the foreground goes into a now closed fracking sand loading facility, An...
  10. EMDGP30

Soo caboose

Former Soo Line caboose converted into a tourist info center in Bay City, WI next to the BNSF double main.
  11. EMDGP30

BNSF's Aurora Sub

Have been working on the Aurora Sub out of Savanna, IL the last 2 weeks. Have been working 230 am to 930 am so not able to get many pics. The old derailment and engine pics were in a local grocery store in Savanna, there were no captions or info on them. About 10 minutes after the train with...
  12. EMDGP30

BNSF's Beardstown Sub

Started working on BNSF's Beardstown sub Monday. Yesterday I missed getting a pic of a couple of NS Heritage engines SD70ACe Savanna & Georgia and today I missed getting a pic of NS Virginian Heritage SD70ACe. I was able to take these pics today The BNSF-NS diamond near Litchfield, IL is...
  13. EMDGP30

BNSF's Hannibal Sub

Finally got a chance to get a pic Saturday; westbound loaded coal train going into the siding at Hannibal. MO, (Mississippi River in the background).
  14. EMDGP30

BNSF's Red Rock sub

Friday night we finished work on the Red River Div. Red Rock sub and Saturday morning the machines were picked up in Ardmore, OK to begin work in Louisiana, MO. This morning I got some pics in BNSF's Ardmore, OK yard waiting on the power and crew. The station was built by the Atchison, Topeka...
  15. EMDGP30

Ft. Worth Sub

Got these pics today on the Ft Worth Sub in Valley View TX Went in the siding to meet this northbound unit train of windmill blades with a single CN GE on the point and a BNSF GE as a end of train helper. After wyeing the machine we met a southbound grain train and after it cleared I saw this...
  16. EMDGP30

Abilene, TX

Got a grab shot of this off of Hwy 83N just before the I-20 interchange in Abilene, Texas; I couldn't see any reporting marks on it. (Sorry for the tree).
  17. EMDGP30

Can High-Speed Trains Solve America’s Transit Crisis?

https://www.insidehook.com/article/travel/can-high-speed-trains-solve-americas-transit-crisis
  18. EMDGP30

Genius Inventor Builds A Steam Engine Train And Train Tracks Right In The Middle Of His Backyard

https://digg.com/video/genius-inventor-builds-a-steam-engine-train-and-train-tracks-right-in-the-middle-of-his-backyard
  19. EMDGP30

BNSF's Brookfield Sub

Today was last day working on the Brookfield Sub and I finally got to take a few pics. SC34 gang is going to Gainesville, Texas to shut down for the winter. An eastbound empty TOFC-COFC intermodal train passing through Avon, Illinois 11-8-19 Passed through Bushnell, Illinois and got a pic of...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back