Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. C

Railfanning Chicago Race Track...

Thats OK no problem thanks for the info though.
  2. C

Hi Bill, Thank you that sounds brilliant the late Emery Gulash took some footage from there in the sixties I'm trying to cover his footsteps in a brand new video production i am working on.....do you live in local to the area?
  3. C

The Racetrack... Thanks for your help but i was really looking at spending some serious trackside time in Chicago in particular the Racetrack for my production.
  4. C

Chicago area for British Railfan?

Thanks Pat, i plan on 10 days and will have my own transport, i have had this idea in my head for years to follow the route that Emery Gulash did in the sixties and record it to film for a Video Production.
  5. C

Maybe someone close to Chicago will jump in, but I'd guess 50 trains in a 24 hour period. Freight wise the last couple times I was there morning into afternoon seemed busy then it slows down for the evening rush hour. How long a trip are you planning?
  6. C

It looks like i have a challenge on my hands here in regards to B&Bs and a chaperone...will have to decide whether i go to Chicago and risk being on my own or going to Folkston GA to railfan as i have friends there. I wanted to recapture some of the scenes that the great Emery Gulash made in the...
  7. C

Thanks Pat much appreciated, in total how many freight trains would you expect to see along the 30 mile route of the racetrack during daylight hours?
  8. C

Hi Guys nice to be here, can anyone help in providing a little information on Railfanning the racetrack in Chicago? As you probably know i'm a Brit and looking at filming the some action at the racetrack, i plan to visit in August and will have my own transport i would like to know of any B&Bs...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back