Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. M

Amtrak Morning Chase

03/08/14 Sunny, peaceful and warmer than usual I to walk to catch Saturday morning Amtrak's at Inwood Hill Park. Here I saw Empire Service 250 with a double header chasing a Metro North Express train along the Water Level route and onto Spuyten Duyvil curve before it turns onto the bridge. Enjoy!
  2. M

New Haven line trains on the NEC

02/07/14 The day of ACS-64's revenue run I also caught a few Metro North Express trains on the New Haven line at Mamaroneck. Most are Cosmopolitans. Enjoy!
  3. M

CSX B749 from across the Harlem River

03/04/14 At Sherman Creek Park on a crisp sunny afternoon, I heard CSX B749 coming down Metro North's Hudson Line at University Heights from across the Harlem River. It was led by two GP38-2's and pulling 7 Box Cars. Enjoy!
  4. M

Amtrak: Tried again and voila!

02/26/14 Another snowy morning so I went to catch my favorite Amtrak, Empire Service #233 at Inwood Hill Park. Along Broadway seemed to be the line between snow and sunshine so in was sunny/cloudy at the park but snowing all day over my house, weird! This time I attempted what I tried before...
  5. M

Amtrak: Trying something new & it goes awry

01/26/14 So someone told me once to take a pic of an approaching train before you film it so I tried that. I take a good pic of 717 but my camera is so slow to take it, start filming and retract the lens I completely butchered the beginning of this video! I did my best to save it :) Oh well you...
  6. M

ACS-64 #600's Inaugural Revenue Run

02/07/14 After getting a massive heads up I went to Mamaroneck, NY to catch Amtrak's New Sprinter ACS-64. The next generation of electric engines on the Northeast Corridor, #600 had its first revenue run on train 171. Soon these will be all you see on Amtrak non-Acela Express trains. Lots of...
  7. M

CSX B750 w/ GP38 & GP40

03/03/14 At University Heights waiting on Q704 and B750 shows up first. Lead by a GP38-2 it consists of a few box cars and oil tankers along with a GP40-2 on the rear. Enjoy!
  8. M

LIRR pulls into Woodside

02/27/14 Heading to my friends in Queens, caught LIRR train 420 to Broadway here is a short clip of it pulling in Woodside and passing a mainline train bound for Penn Station. Pair 7435 & 7436 were wrapped in "I Love NY" ads which were neat. Enjoy!
  9. M

Four Different Electric engines on the NEC

at Mamaroneck. Had the opportunity to catch all four electric engines on Amtrak's Northeast Corridor, HHP-8, AEM-7, ACES-64, and Acela Express Power Car which is rare. Enjoy :o
  10. M

Two Amtrak's in a Blizzard

Was waiting on one and got two since the first was really late
  11. M

Why the Lake Shore Limited is the best...

train ever

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back