Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Bret_D

It's Just a Truck!

Jump to the thread
  2. Bret_D

re railway cuttings & junctions

I seem to recall something like you are describing on the Nevada Northern Railway. It was the 'end of the line' on an excursion run. You're the writer - you can do whatever you please. Set it on Mars if you want. 😃
  3. Bret_D

Morning ACE Train Rush

It is so nice to watch a video where the camera was on a tripod. I hate those shaky, hand-held vids, no matter how interesting the content.
  4. Bret_D

Rail Car Was Too Fast for Its Own Good

USG's two-headed monster
  5. Bret_D

Building a Roundhouse HO Diecast 2-8-0 kit

Darth, are you a member over at the sister site, modelrailroadforums.com ?
  6. Bret_D

Europe's night train revolution

The night train revolution has been hailed as an alternative to airplanes. Here’s how that’s going
  7. Bret_D

Tunnel Work

8. Bret_D

Help identify these parts

List in on the Bay as a whatsit or doomaflahtchy.
  9. Bret_D

What are the best railroad jobs? Signal repair?

Are you too old? What is the mandatory retirement age for the line you are interested in? Sorry I can't answer any of the other questions.
  10. Bret_D

Tribrid?

11. Bret_D

Greetings from OldConductor...

Welcome! "... while the train is in the station ..." I remember walking a Milwaukee Road mainline as a kid and wondering why there was so much toilet paper on the tracks.
  12. Bret_D

Sign History and Value?

Big range of prices
  13. Bret_D

Take a Sneak Peek at Amtrak’s Newest Trains

The projected lifespan of these new cars seems a bit optimistic, what with the quality of work produced today.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back