Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Railfan40

The Nebraska Central Railroad Thread

I have quite a bit of catching up to do on my Nebraska Central pictures so I'm just going to put them all in one thread and add to it in the future. The first set was taken on July 11, 2014. The Ord Local started its trip to Grand Island with just 4 cars behind SD40 6331 and SD40-2 6795.
  2. Railfan40

Champion Dakota Southern, Chamberlain, SD

On my way home from North Dakota I was able to visit the graveyard in Chamberlain, SD. Chamberlain is home to the "Little Railway That Could" Champion Dakota Southern. This trackage was once part of the Milwaukee Road system as a secondary route between Marquette, IA and Rapid City, SD. From...
  3. Railfan40

2014 Iowa State Railroad Club 24 Hours

The Iowa State Railroad Club held our annual 24 hours even from 5pm 4/25/14 to 5pm 4/26/14 in Ames, IA. We saw 61 movements and 60 trains. I took over 50 pictures so it's going to take some time to get them all on here so stay tuned. 1. Power move lead by 5007 with the front door open and the...
  4. Railfan40

North Dakota 2014

I started an engineering co-op with Bobcat Co. in Gwinner, ND on Jan. 7. Gwinner is a small town of 700 people served by the Red River Valley and Western Railroad. The RRV&W switches the Bobcat plant bringing in coiled steel, taking out scrap steel, and also serves the elevator as needed. I also...
  5. Railfan40

Best of Ames, IA Fall 2013

Again I'm late posting these, but here are a few of my best shots from the fall semester which includes a couple heritage units and much more.
  6. Railfan40

Happy New Year From the Nebraska Central

I'm a little late posting, but I've had some trouble posting pictures since I got my camera. Turns out it helps when you adjust them to 1200 x 900. :rolleyes: Anyway, here are some pictures from my 1/2/14 chase of the Ord Local. This ended up being an 8 hour chase since we weren't sure if the...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back