Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. J

Lake state railway operating systems??

I tried conductor training a few years back with Cp. it didn't wrk out! Now I have a chance with Lake state railway(LSRC). So am trying to find out as much as I can. About how they operate, Signals mainly! Any info would be great. I have Cp rail Gcor and CN rail version which any of these match...
  2. J

How is working with Canadian Pacific (NOW!)

3 yrs. ago I tried working with CP as a student conductor. They can me saying I failed the Gcor with a 85%. Now they called me back stating a 10,000$ bonus if I would be willing to try again. Before I didn't get no bonus or relocation asst.. Now they are throwing money at me. After discussions...
  3. J

conductors over night bag?

so soon I may be a conductor, hired on as a student conductor first. but my question is, what type of bag or pack would you recommend as a conductor to use military surplus or other? :confused:
  4. J

abilitys test for conductor?

What is the name of test one must take to become a conductor. Plus is their a youtube video, to watch and see? so that I can ready myself. Thank you.
  5. J

Elkhart, IN & why a passport to cross into Canada

Just like the title said. Why does CP railroad require one to have a passport to cross into Canada, from Elkhart, IN? It looks like Elkhart is far enough from Border, not to need one?:confused:
  6. J

Round 2 with Cp-rail: your thoughts

So 3 yrs. ago CP came to Detroit for a job fair and I was picked to go. Gcor test came around I was told I failed with a 83% and that I could no longer be Employed. because I didn't make a 90%. That was in 3/2012, now 5/2014 CP comes back to Detroit. I didn't know friend tells me that CN was in...
  7. J

twin cities & western

any info on this railroad would be great. they call my to go for interview as a TRANSPORTATION SPECALIST?
  8. J

would like info. on Iowa Northern rail and conductor training?

would like as much info. as possible on rail line? I have been looking to get back in the rail industry as conductor. An Iowa Northern may be giving me that chances. But what I am not to happy about is Pay? student conductor is 121 dollars a day. then when marked up it jumps to 270 a day. so...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back