Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. M

Dumping Radio Shack Scanner For Uniden Product

For years, I've used RS scanners for catching all the action at home and on the road. Have not been happy with some of the newer RS scanners I purchased. One I purchased turned out to be used and did not work at all. Of course, I discovered this after the allowable return date. I didnt want a...
  2. M

Kalama, Washington signal and track work

Was up to Kalama a couple of weeks ago. Lots of track and signal work being done. It looks like they are adding a fourth mainline. I emailed BNSF and got a generic non-reply from them. Anyone have deeper knowledge about what's going on there? Would appreciate any additional info you can pass...
  3. M

Uniden BC125 Scanner

After years of using Radio Shack scanners, I've made the break to Uniden's BC125AT scanner. For less than $150, this thing is incredible. I HATE most of the new scanners, where you have to be a radio wizard to program them. I want to be able to punch in or upload a freq. and text tag and go...
  4. M

Can anyone recommend a book with really good railroad maps?

I dont think you can beat Dave Cooley's growing line-up of railroad maps via Sonrisa Publications. They are well made,accurate and affordable. Here's the link to his website: http://www.djcooley.com/index.htm He recently updated the California maps with some new features @$18 ea. He has...
  5. M

Railcom Mobile RR Tuned Antenna

Got a Railcom Mobile RR Tuned antenna from the Mrs. this year for Christmas. Finally had an opportunity to use it on 01-02-15. Man! What a great product. We glued some felt to the bottom of the base to keep it from scratching the car. It held tight even going up I-5 to Brooks. The antenna did...
  6. M

Railroad Radio Dot Net Website----Down

The site was back up the following day. Must have had server issues or expired URL. Glad it's back up and running.
  7. M

Carstan's Publications Calls It Quits!

Friday, August 22nd, Carstan's Publications, home to Railfan and Railroad Magazine and a host of other hobby publications has pulled the plug. Citing "the current economic condition"... Here's the link to their press release about their demise:http://railfan.com/railnews/
  8. M

Railroad Radio Dot Net Website----Down

Anyone have any information about why www.railroadradio.net is down? Can't raise it for anything. Am able to hear feeds via Brocastify's website. Anyone know what's going on with that site?
  9. M

Sonrisa's New NEBRASKA Rail Fan Guide

Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Again a great effort from Dave Cooley. Lots of great detail in his maps, as always. I've purchased all of his guides. Even if I dont get to all the states he covers, it still makes for great "armchair" railfanning. If you plan on traveling to Nebraska and doing...
  10. M

GorgeRail 2014 Canceled

I would love to attend Gorge Rail. Here's my situation. I work 6 days a week, including Saturday. Any chance there could be some SUnday activity/presentations? I dont recall all the details of last year's event. Wonder if you could do daytime railfan adventures and then evening presentations...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back