Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. JeffShultz

Comment by 'JeffShultz' in media 'Remnants of the SP, Albany, OR'

So I now see. Are you going to remove the 804x528 Durango & Silverton shot as well?
  2. Remnants of the SP, Albany, OR

Remnants of the SP, Albany, OR

A former SP caboose kept at Albany, OR by the UP for backing moves between Albany and Millersburg by the Millersburg Roustabout.
  3. JeffShultz

Comment by 'JeffShultz' in media 'Remnants of the SP, Albany, OR'

Oh, I was looking at the maximum 300k limit instead.
  4. Remnants of the SP, Albany, OR

Remnants of the SP, Albany, OR

A former SP caboose kept at Albany, OR by the UP for backing moves between Albany and Millersburg by the Millersburg Roustabout.
  5. Pringle Creek Bridge

Pringle Creek Bridge

Nothing special, but it's unusual that I actually get an assignment shot in the same month. I'm modeling this area now on my layout, it's the Portland & Western RR's Oregon Electric mainline where downtown Salem becomes South Salem.
  6. JeffShultz

Comment by 'JeffShultz' in media 'No do-overs (March 2006 Contest Winner)'

I think I saw the video of this one... the F150 was fine because the trailer got ripped away from him. Fortunately the trailer wasn't loaded with anything dense either.
  7. GP9 meets SD9

GP9 meets SD9

PNWR GP9 1803 was assigned briefly as local power to Salem, OR in July, 2004. While I was down photographing it, the Albany Turn came through on it's northbound run - with some mildly unusual power of it's own in the consist - former SP SD9 #1852.
  8. JeffShultz

Comment by 'JeffShultz' in media 'Somewhere...'

I've never seen the inside of a toaster lit up like that - i'm not sure I even knew they had a door back there. Fantastic shot.
  9. Albany Orphan

Albany Orphan

A lone SP caboose remains at the Albany, OR yard on April 16, 2005. The yard is now owned by the Portland & Western and the caboose itself is now part of the UP empire, used on rare occasions by the UP Millersburg Roustabout.
  10. JeffShultz

Comment by 'JeffShultz' in media 'Albany, Oregon Yard, P&W Railroad'

Yellow passes by, occasionally drops off cars. P&W owns the yard now. Albany & Eastern occasionally stops by to pick up stuff as I understand it.
  11. Albany, Oregon Yard, P&W Railroad

Albany, Oregon Yard, P&W Railroad

Formerly the SP yard, it was taken over by the Portland and Western Railroad in the early 90s. The Toledo Hauler is preparing to depart and the cars of that morning's Eugene Hauler are on the Arrival/Departure track.
  12. Shelf Coupler

Shelf Coupler

I'd known that tank cars had shelf couplers, but never really looked at one before. This one was on a hazmat tanker on the UP Albany, Oregon based Millersburg Roustabout
  13. JeffShultz

Comment by 'JeffShultz' in media 'Foreign & Formers'

Nice photo - pity about the guy wire. Which railroad did this train actually belong to?
  14. JeffShultz

Comment by 'JeffShultz' in media 'One Chance, One Train'

What _are_ those cars? Weird caps on them.
  15. Toledo Hauler Departs Albany

Toledo Hauler Departs Albany

The daily Toledo Hauler departs Albany, OR at around 4:30pm on Saturday. It will arrive in Toledo, OR on the Oregon Coast in about 6 or 7 hours. The second half of the train is on the track immediately to the left of the last engine.
  16. JeffShultz

Comment by 'JeffShultz' in media 'Move Over!'

Ted, Nice shot - I've taken similar ones from that spot. Lovely place for photos.
  17. JeffShultz

Comment by 'JeffShultz' in media 'Rounding the curve to Summit'

Is that three sections of the same train? Ah, no it isn't... finally figured out the description. Neat shot!
  18. BNSF 664 - Turning off Front Street

BNSF 664 - Turning off Front Street

BNSF 664, the BNSF local between Portland and Albany Oregon turns off Front St. in Salem, heading for the Labish Interchange, where it will switch over to the UPRR Valley Line for the rest of it's trip back to Portland.
  19. JeffShultz

Comment by 'JeffShultz' in media 'Remote Control'

Fantastic... although I hope the handrails survived the gloves.
  20. Two engines????

Two engines????

I'd timed this perfectly to get a going away shot of the trailing pusher on an Amtrak Cascades Train - except that unit was deadlined, and there was another engine pushing - that I hadn't seen around the curve as I set up the shot.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back