Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Midsouth fan

North Louisiana & Arkansas updates

Congratulations on getting everything going Tim. Has your business been increasing a lot since Sept.?
  2. Midsouth fan

New Railroad Company in Tallulah, La

I know the man running the show at Delta Southern. We talked yesterday: 1) the CF7s have been converted to razor blades & reusable locomotive parts. 2) at least 1 of the CP GP9s...that I have seen with my own eyes...has been repainted into the new paint scheme. The body is maroon with white...
  3. Midsouth fan

UCRY units on the move from south AR to St. Louis

We delivered the 55 to McNeil today. We coupled it to the 3 UCRY engines still sitting on the wye. After we departed, the UP locomotive inspector arrived from Little Rock to inspect the 4 engines. If they pass the inspection, we will shove them out on the siding for the UP to take to St. Louis.
  4. Midsouth fan

UCRY units on the move from south AR to St. Louis

Today the Louisiana & North West RR (LNW) moved the 3 Utah Central Railway engines that first arrived on the property shortly after Patriot Rail bought the LNW in 2008. UCRY 100 (GP10), 101 (ex-ATSF Cleburn-rebuilt GP9) & 102 (ex-US Army nee-C&O GP9) were delivered to the UP in McNeil, AR for...
  5. Midsouth fan

Madill Sub

Alot of the equipment I see in those pics look like they are for grade crossing signal upgrades. The KCS has antennas like the one in the pic above at new signal upgrades or new installs. I was told that if the signals malfunction, a signal is sent out to the dispatcher, who reports it to the...
  6. Midsouth fan

What kinds of freight does the Kansas City Southern specialize in carrying?

They really didn't wait to upgrade the line before they start hauling intermodal on the MidSouth line. It MIGHT have been 6-months after the acquisition that the very 1st pig-train...known then as trains #7 & #8, and now known as the I-DAAT/I-ATDA respectively, ran through my hometown. I even...
  7. Midsouth fan

Why is BNSF not repainting their old diesel locomotives to the new paint scheme?

It's the typical life cycle of a locomotive: Birth: brand new everything, latest advanced technology, highest horsepower rating, new paint, always pulling the most important trains. Loved by crews. Mid-life: everything begins to wear, technology may be upgraded, horses get tired, paint...
  8. Midsouth fan

New power on the way for Tacoma Rail

Doesn't the P-4 designation mean the middle axle has no traction motor?
  9. Midsouth fan

Watco Locomotives

What makes a GP10 what they are is the horst air filter on the roof behind the cab. Not sure that Conrail's came with this though. Here's a pic of WAMX 802. It is an SW8 built new originally for the Louisiana & North West RR circa 1950...
  10. Midsouth fan

Comment by 'Midsouth fan' in media 'Tennessee Southern 1959 & 1977'

These are rebuilt GP7s rebuilt in Cleburn, TX by the Santa Fe.  We have one on the LNW just like these (UCRY 101).
  11. Midsouth fan

Louisiana & North West mixed train cabooses

The LNW ran Doodlebugs for its passenger service in the 40s. This is the only pic I could find on-line so far. [/URL]http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=2288503[/URL]
  12. Midsouth fan

Louisiana Railroad Yard [and Mainline] Frequencies

The KCS line that parallels US 167 is now leased by Watco's Louisiana Southern RR. They operate on AAR channels 45 & 49. One is for switching operations in Hodge, LA & the other is their road channel....just not sure which is which.
  13. Midsouth fan

Alabama & Tennessee River Railroad

I recently made a trip to Guntersville, AL to meet my fiance's kinfolk. I noticed signal bungalows with "ATN RR" on them. A name search came up with the Alabama & Tennessee River RR. It looks like it could be a busy lil shortline. What else is there to know about this line?
  14. Midsouth fan

Updated Progress on the North Louisana & Arkansas Railroad

I've been hearing stories that you may go further south with the rehab....true or just stories?
  15. Midsouth fan

North Louisiana & Arkansas updates

Tim, I wish you & your family all the best in giving that line a well-deserved rebirth!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back