Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. jkinzel

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

Nice shots Bill. Did you venture out today? We have 1.37in of rain as of 1800 here on Fox Island.
  2. jkinzel

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2017

We have a lot of trains up here in the PNW Art. One minor detail, taken from records at my house. In February we had 6 days "with out" rain or rain/snow mix and in March we had 5 days "with out" rain. Assuming: of the total of 11 days with out rain, 50% were overcast at best, that leaves you...
  3. jkinzel

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2017

I really like the hawk photo, that is a great pic. Regards,
  4. jkinzel

Big Sky and Tiny Trains.....Montana Style

Amazing photos, I really like number 25. Thank you for sharing.
  5. jkinzel

Lewiston - Kooskia Branch

Thanks, I found a lot of information on the Grangeville branch, but not much on the line to Orofino. Bill, I inquired on the Camas Prairie group, but no answer yet.
  6. jkinzel

Lewiston - Kooskia Branch

Would anyone know If the Great Northwest RR is running any trains on the Lewiston, Spalding, Orofino, Kooskia Branch? We might be going in that direction in the next few weeks and I was wondering if it is dead or alive. I was in Orofino about five years ago and the rails looked pretty rusty...
  7. jkinzel

Photos from my recent trips to the Feather River Canyon

Three hours each way does make for a long day, but the scenery is spectacular. Thank you, your efforts are greatly appreciated.
  8. jkinzel

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2014

Can't wait for the next installment. Did the quake cause any problems for the railroads that you are aware of, other than the usual delays for inspection?
  9. jkinzel

No Room at the Bin for Grain

Well that is funny, I never read the title, I just saw the picture and started reading the article. I guess I better start paying attention.
  10. jkinzel

Lots good information, thanks. I will be interesting to see what transpires this winter. Well, let's not think about winter now, I haven't had enough summer. Bill: Thanks for the title change, I had to laugh when saw it. I'm not too creative before 0700 and only half a cup of coffee. BTW, I...
  11. jkinzel

Interesting read. You would think BNSF would have cleared this up by now. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-14/no-room-at-the-bin-for-grain-amid-buffett-s-bnsf-rail-jam.html
  12. jkinzel

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2014

I always look forward to your spring photos, the green hills really compliment the subjects. The second photo is a perfect example. Thank you for sharing.
  13. jkinzel

question on grain trains in washington

Voge West is going into TEMCO at 0600 10/4. So all the grain dock are working again and I go home in five days.:p
  14. jkinzel

Starting to Move There are two grain ships waiting in Seattle and a second going to Tacoma. The SHAO SHAN 6 is going into Pier 86 Seattle at 0630 10/3. Nothing scheduled for TEMCO.
  15. jkinzel

Last word I had was they were going to start getting ships in October, so I would think the trains might start showing up in mid September. Won't know for sure until we see it.
  16. jkinzel

Steve's Top 11 of 2011

Amazing photos, thank you.
  17. jkinzel

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2015

Wow, What a great batch of photos. I like the Capital Corridor exposures, even the tree shadow creates a bit of interest. Thanks for the photo of the USS Iowa, it is a great part of our history. I was in the Navy from 1968 to 1972, Quartermaster, (navigation), LSD 2 - USS Belle Grove, TAD...
  18. jkinzel

Wow, another set of great shots. No. 1 and No. 4 are amazing. Thank you.
  19. jkinzel

As always, great pictures. I’m surprised the California EPA has not made “whoever” clean up that pile of rust even though it has some historical significance.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back