Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. roee

Rocky Mountaineer Will Launch A New Train Journey In The USA For 2021

What I find interesting is they allow a reverse run to Glenwood Springs. I wonder if that is more for getting back to the CZ Route? Want to start in Moab? You can also choose to go Eastbound, journeying from Moab to Glenwood Springs.
  2. roee

Don't trust your life to a mechanical signal

The MUTCD requires that passive crossings have either a yield or stop sign on the mast with the crossbuck. It also requires a reflective strip on the front of the mast.
  3. roee

DOTX 221, a Power Move, and a Geometry Train!

BNSF required 12 axles on a train to travel at track speed over crossings.
  4. roee

Private Cars on the Southwest Chief

The Auto Train runs with 16 cars plus ~20 autoracks and it only has 2 units. Granted it doesn't have a huge grade, but 2 units should have no problem with just 2 extra cars.
  5. roee

Mainline Coaster Locomotive Traction Motor change out

This weekend a Coaster Locomotive had a traction motor issue and they had to call in Hulcher to remove the bad traction motor on the main line. Below are some videos Here is the locomotive being lifted and the traction motor removed and then set back down. Here is the locomotive being lifted...
  6. roee

A quirky crossing

I failed to see the malfunction. Its odd that they have the ped gates go down first, but clearly that is there design of the crossing.
  7. roee

Amtrak Surfliner Cars on the Southwest Chief

The Grover Beach going to Beach Grove. :p
  8. roee

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2018

I always call them style V (which I'm sure is wrong, but that's what someone called them to me). They are color light signals that will fit where a searchlight use to be. There isn't enough clearance to put in a stacked color light when they retrofitted the signals.
  9. roee

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2018

The Charger with the spoiler looks funny with the low level set.
  10. roee

Amtrak Cascade Derailment at Dupont, WA

Amtrak isn't running PTC anywhere outside of the NEC.
  11. roee

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2017

Great shot. Look at that shinny new locomotive.
  12. roee

Stormy New Mexico Skies

I'd sure like to get out there sometime and video trains passing the semaphore signals. I like how you got the signal activating. Too bad there isn't more traffic out there.
  13. roee

Cajon Pass Drone Video

Three Strait Weekends @ Cajon Pass For the 3rd straight Saturday (my wife has been away at a class) I went to Cajon Pass to fly my drone and hone my skills as a pilot. Here are my videos. She's back now so there won't be a 4th weekend. Thanks for looking.
  14. roee

Cajon Pass Drone Video

Here is another drone video I took on 10/21/17. I ended up killing my car battery while at the pass. Thanks to Robert and his father Robert for stopping and giving me a jump start.
  15. roee

Cajon Pass Drone Video

Yesterday I went to Cajon Pass and flew my drone a couple of times. It was pretty windy. A BNSF Stack Train descending Main 3 Chasing the previous train and a fly over my myself A long video of another train descending Main 3 and following the train a bit.
  16. roee

A Week in Alaska

Frist off Marshall, great shots. Looks like you had an awesome trip. Bob, the Alaska Railroad, Holland America, and Princes Cruise lines all have the Colorado Railcar double decker cars. They each have several of those cars, and yes they are the same shell as the DMU, but these are just...
  17. roee

Riding Private Car from LA to Oakland - Railfan Trip

After backing to SLO again the UP Helpers were called and added to the front of the Coast Starlight and they pulled the train over the hill and cut off at Santa Margarita. It was dark by the time the UP helpers were hooked up and pulled the train over the hill. Final video is the train at...
  18. roee

This time I tried a time lapse of the train backing down the horseshoe curve.
  19. roee

Here is a video of the second attempt to climb the grade. We got a bit further, but not much.
  20. roee

After we failed to make it up the grade the train backed to SLO and tried to make a second attempt to climb the hill with the HEP shut off and try and give it another go. Here is a video of the train crossing the bridge north of SLO

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back