Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'Burnside Memories'

How can something from 1985 evoke memories that are usually associated with the real "old days"?! Twenty two years ago! My oh my! Really nice photo.
  2. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'Toledo Sees the Light'

Great light. Nice composition.
  3. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'Flying down the 10'

That's a great shot! It would make a good video too (youtube anyone?)
  4. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'snow & sun'

A nice study. I should get out to Exeter and start taking photos again.
  5. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'BCOL Quesnel'

This shot has earned the right to be inducted into the Classic List!
  6. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'CN ex BCR Train 579'

I know exactly where you were standing. Great shot.
  7. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'Fleming Saskatchewan Canada'

You'll always get a ten from me for a shot like this!
  8. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'Late.. but worth it.'

Great shot man! It's good to see all those BC Rail locos still on home rails!
  9. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'Leasers Crossing The Fraser River'

I assume that you were on the BNSF branch of the bridge leads. Great shot! Must have used a long lens too. Rare vantage spot for sure.
  10. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'BC Rail deadline'

My God! This is where they ended up? Lordy! How gruesome! IMHO, 3607 in the BC Rail lightning stripe paint is more "rare" than a run-of-the-mill Cat RS18 rebuild. But thanks anyway for letting me see this.
  11. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'In Your Face...Red Hot 122 Comin At Ya'

Interesting; two different type faces for the number boards. Is this common?
  12. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'What else you you need to know?'

It's great to see those coal burning locomotives again! :)
  13. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'GEVO CN STYLE'

Great shot. Nature supplied the sky but you added the building and with it, a sense of place. A nice touch.
  14. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'GN International'

I know that the nit-pickers wouldn't agree, but this is a great photo! The early photos that a person takes are always the best, before the critics kick in. I rode this train a couple of times in 1960; it's good to see it from trackside. Have you any more from the pre-Amtrak days?
  15. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'EARLY MORNING'

What a great photo! It is an example of a perfect action shot. It has tension and tranquility, balance and imbalance! Holy Cow! Thank you for it.
  16. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'It's Cold!'

Excellent! I've always wanted to take this photo! I managed one years ago (with a CN train) but I didn't get the creek in there as you have done. And I know that where you were standing on the Trans-Canada Highway bridge, there ain't no sidewalk! Scary location! Thanks for getting it and sharing...
  17. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'CP At Lytton'

Great shot! My god, it's been a while since I took photos there. Wasn't there a powerline draped over the scene?!! And the highway bridge!! When did they build that? It was old original one the last time. And CP on CN!! Will I ever accept that? I don't think so. Thanks for sharing.
  18. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'Carolinian arrival'

A really nice photo. Even the photo is in "diamonds". Thanks for taking it and sharing it.
  19. Ross Pugsley

Comment by 'Ross Pugsley' in media 'Chicago Diamonds'

The other entries were interesting but this takes the prize (IMHO anyway!)

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back