Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. T

Howcome Videos In Cab Aren't Allowed?

Thanks for sharing man. Seems like they're pretty serious about no devices unless work related in the cab or while on duty. I remember a couple years back, a train was stopped on one of the main lines in the city where I'm at. It stopped for about 10 minutes so the train crew could pick up an...
  2. T

Thanks for the photo man. Makes sense now. Wow , that's an intense scenario.
  3. T

Ohhhh ok. I got it now. The locomotive was the type with the controls on the side where to engage dynamic braking you move a separate lever from the throttle. Not like the desktop mounted controls that was in the movie.
  4. T

Man I had no clue that could ACTUALLY happen. I thought that was just Hollywood! Question though.... How come he put the brakes on AND put the throttle into notch 8? How come he didn't just put the throttle to idle?
  5. T

I liked the movie, but I could never get past the "reason" for the train running away. The throttle wouldn't apply itself, so I thought that was kinda funny..... The throttle can't apply itself right? There isn't cruise control is there? I don't see how there could be a cruise control when the...
  6. T

Wow.... a bottle of alcohol!? I was wondering what the crew members would do if they are stopped for a while. Even if they are stopped and no operating the train, its illegal for them to read literature of their choice or play on the phone or laptop?
  7. T

Ohhhhh ok. I think I understand now. Its not illegal, but the company has no reason for you to be aboard the train. The ships are the same way. You used to be able to tour ships that were in the port docked, but now you can't. The reasoning is, there is no reason for a person not working...
  8. T

How does Pentrex and Rail Road Alaska get permission to film and show cab rides and the controls? I think Extreme Trains came out around 2010? So that means they were filming afterwards. I guess they get permission from the company ?
  9. T

Ooooooooh ok. Thanks man, I had no idea there was a camera. That explains why its so steady. Haha. I didn't realize they had cracked down so hard on devices in the cab.
  10. T

Thanks for the responses everyone, that helped a lot.
  11. T

I was just curious because I've been watching a lot of people filming cab rides, but they never show the engineer or the controls. They show out the window.
  12. T

Wow man, I think I remember hearing about that on the news. I clicked the link and read up on it. Thanks for sharing.
  13. T

Thanks guys for sharing the info. That's a bummer. I like watching the cab ride videos on youtube. A lot of times I see a cab ride video and it just shows the outside view. How come a lot of videos never show the engineer at the controls? That's my favorite part. Haha.
  14. T

I looked back a couple pages and didn't see this topic. I think I saw in the comments on youtube that cab ride videos are no longer allowed? And that train crew members can't video anymore? How come this law was passed? I would love to follow a train enginer Vlog on youtube.
  15. T

Train Driver's View: Malmö to Copenhagen (Part 1 of 2)

Dude those videos were so cool, thanks for sharing! How come a lot of videos don't show the driver controls? Is it a law? Were you going around 80 mph in some parts? Thanks again for sharing!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back