Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'Special Load to Mill 5'

I would hate to be sent up there on a tie gang !!
  2. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'Sylacauga Interchange'

Theres them former ENR locos ! good stuff !
  3. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'Short Line Railroading In Alabama'

Looks like some former Esquimalt and Nanimo Railway engines back there !
  4. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'Whitestar run'

Gotta love the schemes.....Okanagan Valley Railway Colors, CKR Lettering, and OVR logo ! I was in the Okanagan back in December, and the 2506 is like that too, CTR Lettering and color, and CKR logo !
  5. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'Minimbah Bank'

Love the numberboards up above the front windshield !!! 92 on the left and 13 on the right !
  6. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'OVR Geep'

OKAN is the Okanagan Valley Railway....the OVR is the Ottawa Valley Railway
  7. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'Northstar 501'

Thats a nice looking coat of paint !
  8. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'Unknown railcar at Blosberg'

Looks like either a propane or water tank that belongs behind a rail heater on a rail gang. Ours look a little more weathered then this one. Also could be a water tank for the section crews that follow rail grinders to put out any small fires created.
  9. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'BCOL 4619'

Nice stuff Tyler ! I saw BCOL 744 behind 2530 on a WB mixed in Belleville Ontario yesterday. Took them almost 2 hours for a small lift of about 10 cars ! I also notice in your shot, it shows the 4600's slight frame sag. Alot of these in zoomed shots show the sag.....theyre not that old !
  10. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'ACWR'

weird looking unit ! Jody, your the triple G ! goat-genset-guru !
  11. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'FWWR 2016'

Thats a sharp looking paint job !
  12. Fire !

Fire !

After 2 pull aparts from -14c temperatures, Fire Snake has been applied and lit to heat up the rail so it will expand and close up for the section crew to put in new bolts. Cold temps and blowing snow resulted in the crew using 8 cans of snake. Under normal conditions, only 2 cans are needed...
  13. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'Pasco-VBC at MP 9.5'

Nice to see a full EMD lashup, even better to see 6 of em on 1 train !! Great shot !
  14. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'Covered hopper'

Sorry for the questions Pedrop, but how to they not derail going around sharp, or any curve for that matter ? How fast do they run trains ? Wow that is tiny !
  15. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'Unwinding a cable in Marion Ohio'

ugh, I hate that.....Ive swept up my fair share of wire banding and straps, they are not fun !
  16. Former CPR M-630 4563

Former CPR M-630 4563

Former CPR 4563, a MLW M-630 built in 1969, sits on the diesel shop tracks in CPR's Montreal St. Luc Yard. In September this unit headed from it's home at the Canadian Railway Museum in Delson Quebec, to a station dedication ceremony in McAdam New Brunswick. I wish I saw these brutes hauling...
  17. Setting a Bond

Setting a Bond

After a major derailment we installed a bunch of panel track, and to make sure curcuits ran properly, bonds were installed at all the joint bars. Here's a little spark show !
  18. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'Next Stop....Omnitrax!'

Whats the heritage on these ? are these the former ones that ran ? I'm thinking 122, 124, and 129 ?
  19. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'BNSF mixed freight'

The CN unit is just a little aways from home rails ! Nice catch !
  20. CPRchris

Comment by 'CPRchris' in media 'BNSF 6855 North'

interesting lashup !

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back