Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Bill Anderson

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2020

Be sure to announce your last day on this thread so we will know when to check the other thread.
  2. Bill Anderson

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2020

Congrats. Looking forward to photos from the other side of the country.
  3. Bill Anderson

Never Seen a Baldwin Steam Engine Like This!

My thoughts exactly. It is very European looking.
  4. Bill Anderson

Czech Republic S-trains

My maternal grandmother's ancestors came from Bohemia, now part of the Czech republic.
  5. Bill Anderson

Where is the Omaha Posse?

I have cousins in Boone. Is the Chinese built steam engine still in service?
  6. Bill Anderson

Disneyland's: The Viewliner (1957)

Is the Zooliner at the Portland Zoo still in service? I believe parts of its route had been torn up for remodeling.
  7. Bill Anderson

Baltic states - videos

Times have certainly changed. Back in the "bad old days" you would have been exiled to the Gulag in Siberia for photographing a military train like that.
  8. Bill Anderson

Union Pacific seeks to sweat its assets

From the article: “Locomotives are going to be way more productive. Our train length, I see 10,000 feet, OK? I see our car freight velocity up another 5% or 10%. So I think that we are just starting,” said Union Pacifc (UP) Chief Operating Officer Jim Vena during the company’s third-quarter...
  9. Bill Anderson

Baltic states - videos

The wind and the telephoto view of the train climbing the hill combine to make an excellent video.
  10. Bill Anderson

Early 1900s passenger trains out of Galesburg, Illinois

For starters, I suggest you query online for timetables of the CB&Q and Santa Fe for the years you are interested in.
  11. Bill Anderson

Moody Morning Meet

Is that an overturned speeder in the foreground?
  12. Bill Anderson

Tri-Cities Railfanning 10/14/20

Glad to hear that. I am putting in requests for photos of the BNSF over Providence Hill and the UP north of Palouse Falls. Those are areas seldom photographed.
  13. Bill Anderson

Good to see the autumn colors arriving.
  14. Bill Anderson

Tri-Cities Railfanning 10/14/20

Thanks for the photos. We don't get many from eastern Washington.
  15. Bill Anderson

Hello from upstate NY FUAC

Welcome aboard.
  16. Bill Anderson

Trains of Edmonds, Washington

Friday I dug out an old CF card for a project. I checked to see if there was anything on it and to my surprise found some photos from 7-28-2010 that I had never downloaded. Two GP30's leading a southbound (tt/west) past the marsh. They have probably been repainted to BNSF by now. A War...
  17. Bill Anderson

Baltic states - videos

WOW! Steam engine smoke.
  18. Bill Anderson

👍 👍 👍
  19. Bill Anderson

Baltic states - videos

Autumn colors are starting to show. :)
  20. Bill Anderson

CSX Columbus Subdivision

I like the 44 tonner. It looks pretty good for a 76 year old; in much better shape than me and I'm only 70. 😁

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back