Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. A

2 offers BNSF and CP, track or train???

Well that seems like a personal choice based on your interests. Personally I like railroads but have no interest in being a track laborer. It also seems like a very physical job so I'd consider the longevity factor as you age compared with a job on the trains. If time spent at home is an...
  2. A

Moving from maritime to rail

I am not expert but I think you would have to start at the entry level because of the union agreements. Your current schedule is pretty nice too. Work hard but then plenty of free time to play hard too.
  3. A

Comment by 'andrewjonathon' in media 'A Dash 8-41c on the CN PNL'

What is the primary source of traffic for this train? I am wondering if this train is primarily used to deliver cars to the Hudson Bay Railway?
  4. A

Comment by 'andrewjonathon' in media 'Twin Bridges'

Wow! Those colours are something else and the CP red just adds to the natural colours in the picture.
  5. A

Comment by 'andrewjonathon' in media 'Daylight Running'

Nice picture. Where do 852 and 853 run from/to? Do they run daily? Is my assumption from your other pictures that these are the only freight trains which run on this line is that correct?
  6. A

Comment by 'andrewjonathon' in media 'Smokin' Hard'

Wow, there is just less and less rail operations in downtown Vancouver isn't there? I assume this business was moved to the new barge slip on Annacis Island?
  7. A

Comment by 'andrewjonathon' in media 'TRAIN MEET'

Great picture. It is unique with the two freight trains near the depot. I like the fact the NS locomotive is older style as well.
  8. A

Comment by 'andrewjonathon' in media 'CWR motorcar'

Looks like a former CN unit to me. If I recall CN always used that orange on their units while CP used yellow paint on theirs.
  9. A

Comment by 'andrewjonathon' in media 'CP 336'

I like the picture. It gives a nice view of the train from a position (coming through the bridge which is not real common. I also, like pictures you can see more of the train than just the locomotives. Tough conditions, although I think the other comment about you risking your life is shall...
  10. A

Comment by 'andrewjonathon' in media 'American Intermodal'

Is 199 the Prince Rupert - Chicago train? I've been wondering how Prince Rupert will do in light of the slowdown in container shipments from Asia.
  11. A

Comment by 'andrewjonathon' in media 'Double Stack Westward'

What is the reason for the rerouting? Is that temporary for maintenance?
  12. A

Comment by 'andrewjonathon' in media 'IMG_0797a'

Great picture but is that snow in July?! Where is the picture taken?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back