Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Ballard Beaver

BNSF track projects, WA State 2014

Any update on the status of the bypass in Vancouver? Thanks!
  2. Ballard Beaver

funny things you've heard the dispatcher say

Also around here they used to refer to the amtrak as the "silver sausage" or "chrome chorizo" though i havent heard them say this in at least a year or two. As in, crew: "you gonna hold us here dispatcher?" Dispatch: "yup, i got sausages comin at you from all directions"
  3. Ballard Beaver

funny things you've heard the dispatcher say

I always liked when the old BNSF seattle terminal guy would give his initials as TCM "trains cant move"
  4. Ballard Beaver

Cool update BNSFEng, thank you!
  5. Ballard Beaver

NS #8114 in Puget Sound area

nice catch...this train has been through town a few times, usually on oil trains it seems how could you tell it was empty? wondering if it wasnt a load headed to arco or fidalgo?
  6. Ballard Beaver

thanks for all the insights, Mark. always appreciated.
  7. Ballard Beaver

more questions mark...you had to expect em... :) is the sumas sub just regular maintenance? or is there a plan to increase traffic on that line? and with english, is this just a result of the increased oil traffic? they just built the 4 marsh tracks in the last year or so, for parking the...
  8. Ballard Beaver

question on grain trains in washington

in response to bill anderson, see my post here http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?34464-Stampede-Pass-Diary&p=334356#post334356
  9. Ballard Beaver

empty interbay grainer left interbay southbound around 20:30, Oct 3rd. that was quick!
  10. Ballard Beaver

thanks for the response. part of what i was wondering is, well, the grain is already flowing from the midwest to the ports...but it is only tacoma and seattle in particular that are getting NONE. grain trains are headed to pasco, rivergate, longview, kalama, vancouver, and the psap, but nothing...
  11. Ballard Beaver

looks like there has been an increase in grain trains the last couple weeks...harvest time. grain has been going to rivergate (pdx), vancouver, kalama, longview, as well as to the PSAP. however, NONE to seattle or tacoma. ZERO. why is this? i know that they were doing maintenance to these...
  12. Ballard Beaver

Puget Sound & Pacific opertions.

i know i am not the orig poster, but i am interested too...thanks for the info! for clarification, "simpson" and "road train" are different trains? where exactly do they go? the road train "comes into town"...from where? centralia? which train goes to hoquiam? does it come out of shelton, or...
  13. Ballard Beaver

Comment by 'Ballard Beaver' in media 'Caboose Comeback?'

i saw this caboose leave pasco Friday June 26 around 11 AM, on the pasco-klamath falls manifest train.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back