Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. CGW101c

PRR retiree pocket watch

My serial number list shows 25,000,000 as 1922.
  2. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Here is some from today, 11/19/22 in Fremont NE. And a different 6936 at Elk NE.
  3. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Great series Ed. We waited Thursday too. Had lunch in Mo Valley with some old rail friends and then went home. Went to the Rock Island Depot Friday got a couple shots and went home
  4. CGW101c

Some Old Slides Rerun

AMT 241 on Missouri River bridge at Plattsmouth NE AMT 621 & 621a at Omaha, AMT 621b at Greenwood NE,
  5. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Amtrak at Gretna NE this morning 9/3/2022. 169,184, 309. Missed getting all 3 in shot by just a split second. Oh Well!
  6. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Long Intermodal on the UP yesterday. They stopped to set out some cars in Valley NE. Headend was in the next town east (Waterloo). Conductor was about 4 miles from the headend. They lost communication for a bit and the MTO had to come from Fremont to help. They ran out of time after they stopped...
  7. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Didn't have to wait long. By the time I gathered all the stuff to take the picture, figure how to get the bicycle secured in the car with out the bike rack, then park the car and bike to location, all the time hoping the Amtrak tracker was correct.
  8. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

A late Amtrak 6 with 184 in charge crossing the Papio Creek just east of Ralston NE on 8-27-2022 about 10:15am.
  9. CGW101c

Trying to find out if audio of steam engine is appropriate for time period

Give me a day or two and I will post some recordings of both the Omaha Zoo's 25 ton 1890 Austrian 0-6-2T loco and the 1968 4-4-0. Your sound is good. Another place to listen to is the Cumbres and Toltec videos featuring the 4-4-0's that came to visit last year.
  10. CGW101c

Chicago and Northwestern Paint

There is one color picture of a two tone F unit in the Withers Diesels of the Chicago and Northwestern and the dark color looks green. But never having seen one in person I don't know. The non F units of that time were yellow and green.
  11. CGW101c

Can anyone tell me more about this book?

I have a CNW one from 1903. Much good info particularly if you are modeling. Standard signs, buildings, anything that wasn't on the rails.
  12. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

It's been long hot summer this year. Still 91 and it's 8pm. But trains keep going. Some catch up pictures from last month. Omaha NE, Fremont NE, Hastings Iowa
  13. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

55+ years ago my brother and I would visit my grandparents farm just north of West Chicago IL. I was in the area for a family memorial get together. I stopped by "the farm". Surrounded by industry and houses it is strange that the 40 acres looks the same except for lack of buildings. On the west...
  14. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

One from last week. A UP train westbound just east of Kennard. And west of California Jct, across a small trestle.
  15. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

North of Fremont today,1/28/2022 is the BNSF 5758 hauling tank cars northbound. A local railfan called these engines that could count. 57, 58.
  16. CGW101c

F40PHM-2

Not necessarily. I believe on newer locos the air compressor has a separate motor that is run from the system voltage. Hence the "Whoop" sound when the compressor motor starts.
  17. CGW101c

Rock Island GP30 at 4:40PM

Good to see the Rock colors again. Thanks for sharing.
  18. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Great shot Ed. I always like those with the heat distortion above the locomotives. And a matched pair of locos. Bonus.
  19. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Here is the 7470 at North Bend and the NS unit that was tagging along and the BNSF local engines in Fremont NE.
  20. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Christmas Eve Day dawned foggy. I love fog, so went and took some pictures. First east of Fremont is a train getting a new crew. The 8207 will head east and turn north at California Jct. While driving around I chased the 7470 to North Bend NE. Fog cleared a bit about 1/2 mile east of North Bend...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back