Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. brad_in_omaha

Out and about this past week

Found a couple different opportunities to get out and about in the past week. 1. Westbound UP near Kennard, NE 2. John Deere tractors on a westbound UP near Kennard, NE 3. GP60 second out on a Westboudn UP near Ames, NE 4. Local BNSF power in Fremont, NE 5. Local UP power working...
  2. brad_in_omaha

UP BigBoy 4014 Midwest Tour

Here are my photos from the past several weeks. Friday 2019-07-12 1. Ames, Nebraska 2. Valley, NE 3. Downtown Omaha 4. Downtown Omaha 5. Downtown Omaha 6. Downtown Omaha 7. Downtown Omaha
  3. brad_in_omaha

IAIS 6988 Menlo, IA 6-29-2019

IAIS 6988 Menlo, IA 6-29-2019 The train had the 6988 Steam Locomotive on the West end and the diesel locomotive 707 on the East end. Photos: 1. Unloading after Run #1 in Menlo, IA 2. Run #2 passing the Stuart, IA depot 3. Run #2 East of Stuart, IA 4. Run #3 West of Menlo, IA 5...
  4. brad_in_omaha

The 2019 CWS train travels through downtown Omaha.

The 2019 College World Series train travels through downtown Omaha. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 9. 10. 11.
  5. brad_in_omaha

All my 4141 in Omaha photos

Here are all my 4141 Photos: 1. 12/8 - rolling by the Southroads Mall in Bellevue. 2. 12/8 - rolling by downtown Omaha 3. Same shot, different crop 4. 12/11 on display by TD Ameritrade Park 5. 12/11 on display by TD Ameritrade Park 6. 12/12 leaving Omaha 7. 12/12 leaving Omaha...
  6. brad_in_omaha

Sunday Drive

Headed out for a Sunday drive today. 1. First stop near Greenwood, NE 2. Second stop near Cullom (RR Name just east of Cedar Creek, NE 3. Third stop is near Pacific Junction, IA 4. 4th stop near Benos (RR Name just north of Council Bluffs, IA 5. 5th stop at Benos (RR...
  7. brad_in_omaha

Sunday with the 1943 and a couple other surprises

My first time catching the new 1943 this morning. Also caught a couple CSX units and also a BN on a bridge that I don't think I have ever photographed a train on. 1. Here is my favorite from today near Mynard, Nebraska 2. Durham Museum 3. Durham Museum 4. Durham Museum...
  8. brad_in_omaha

Keddie Wye - Bucket List!

I made it to the Keddie Wye today to check a railfan spot off the bucket list. It was great to see, but the light was really harsh and I think I passed up a lot of good stuff to get a train on the Wye. Hope to make it to Truckee and Doner before I head back to the great plains of Nebraska...
  9. brad_in_omaha

UP 844 in Omaha, NE

The UP 844 rolled in to Omaha yesterday afternoon, sporting a new black nose. For years its been silver. The red mars light was also removed during the rebuild. Wish I would have had more time to get out and chase it across the plains. 1. 20170612SC8A3743 by Brad Williams, on Flickr 2...
  10. brad_in_omaha

July thru September 2016

July thru September 2016 I was going back through the summer of 2016 and found several images I never posted. I was actually quite surprised I took this many photos because it doesn't feel like I got track-side much at all this summer... 1. 7/3/2016 - Missouri Pacific Heritage Unit just...
  11. brad_in_omaha

Couple Cold and Cloudy weekends

Been cold an cloudy around here, but that's not always a bad thing. 12/17/2016 1. Love this scene at Abel on the Sioux City Sub. Something about the trees and grass mixed with the snow really do it for me. 2. Just north of Abel, also on the Sioux City Sub 3. West of Ashland on...
  12. brad_in_omaha

Past Couple Weekends

Its been way too long since I have posted any photos, but I actually made it out to the tracks with my camera 3 times since Thanksgiving! First off Black Friday: 1. BNSF Bayard Train in the foreground, IAIS CBBI in the background. BNSF has just returned and waiting a crew to take it back to...
  13. brad_in_omaha

SD40-2 Locomotives and Cabooses in 2016

SD40-2 Locomotives and Cabooses in 2016 It's great that we an still photograph SD40-2 Locomotives (or SD40N now)and Cabooses in 2016! The SD40-2s are sharp looking too, nice paint and not tagged! 1. 2/20/2016, I caught the 1988 in Downtown Omaha 20160220SC8A2941 by Brad Williams, on...
  14. brad_in_omaha

Really Slow Sunday

I started out about 1pm yesterday, and headed west to check out the BNSF between Omaha and Lincoln. I got almost to Greenwood before I saw my first train, it was a Westbound BNSF manifest train with two Boeing 737s on the head end. I finally got far enough in front of it to park the car and...
  15. brad_in_omaha

Colorado Narrow Gauge in the Fall

Colorado Narrow Gauge in the Fall If you haven't been out to see any of the Colorado Narrow gauge railroads, do yourself a favor and get out there! Only had a brief morning encounter with the Durango and Silverton. 1. Durango and Silverton pulling in to the Rockwood Station. SC8A8535 by...
  16. brad_in_omaha

Omaha and Council Bluffs on Christmas Weekend in the Snow

Omaha and Council Bluffs on Christmas Weekend in the Snow 1. The IAIS 601 and 650 return with a cut of cars from the UP yard in Council Bluffs SC8A5855 by Brad Williams, on Flickr 2. I believe this is the Bayard Train heading back to Omaha SC8A5866 by Brad Williams, on Flickr 3...
  17. brad_in_omaha

Pro Photo RGB VS Adobe RGB VS SRGB

Anyone have any thoughts on Color Space? I would like to use Pro Photo RGB. I would like to use a very linear work flow. RAW --> Post Process in to a PSD --> Save a TIF for Printing --> Save a JPG for Web. However, using ProPhoto RGB it seems like I need to have two parallel workflows...
  18. brad_in_omaha

IC Swing Bridge could be removed...

Sad news about the old Swing Bridge in Omaha... DOCKET NO. AB-314 (SUB-NO. 7X) CHICAGO, CENTRAL & PACIFIC RAILROAD --ABANDONMENT EXEMPTION-- IN POTT A WA TT AMIE COUNTY, IOWA ~ AND DOUGLAS COUNTY, NEBRASKA...
  19. brad_in_omaha

Heads Up - Aksarben Sepcial

Its that time of year again, Aksarben Special Time! Two Modern Clean Flag Units 11 car train (5 domes) Friday 8/15/2014 Depart North CB Shops between 13:00 and 14:00 Parked at the Durham Museum 14:00-19:00 Depart the Durham Museum 19:00 Arrive at Union Nebraska 20:15 WYE the Train at Union...
  20. brad_in_omaha

Voting is Very close!

We got a tight race going here!!! Just over 24 hours left to Vote int he "Big Landscape Little Train" Photo Contest. http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?49087-Vote-Now-Big-Landscape-Little-Train!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back