Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Cover Loco

Cover Loco

For the 2008 BNSF calender, BNSF 7597 was the featured locomotive. Looking a little less glamorous than her calender photo, she is the second loco of a four unit Z waiting in the hole at West Berne.
  2. Let the Good Times Roll

Let the Good Times Roll

Rolled more than half a century ago, this rail keeps the trains moving and serves the railroad well. Even after all this time, it still looks as good as the newer rail that is being installed on the upper portion of Stevens Pass. Located at a railroad crossing in Startup at MP 1758.
  3. Little Giant conquers Stevens Pass

Little Giant conquers Stevens Pass

The crew on the Little Giant crane gives us a thumbsup as they clear the mainline for traffic to startup again while track work took place on Stevens Pass in 2007. They are about to head into the Alpine Cut to my back left.
  4. Red & Orange Fever

Comment by 'Red & Orange Fever' in media 'BNSF coal drag'

hobo, I wish I got some good shots. I left my camera at home. I was so mad, and yet at the same time, I was glad that I finally got to see a coal train. My friend and I drove into the carpool area of Kimberly Clark and a security officer came and talked to us about being there. He was cool with...
  5. Red & Orange Fever

Comment by 'Red & Orange Fever' in media 'Canadian garbage (ah)'

I caught this lash up on Saturday heading south through Mukilteo with the ROO. I also saw that sweet coal train!
  6. Red & Orange Fever

Comment by 'Red & Orange Fever' in media 'BNSF coal drag'

Did you stop and wait around for the dogcatcher crew? My friend and I stopped at Howarth to catch the tail end of another train heading south, then we got to Everett to see the coal. The radio chatter was a dogcatcher crew was coming to replace the old one. Let me tell you, those new locos idle...
  7. Red & Orange Fever

Comment by 'Red & Orange Fever' in media 'New EMD'

I was up around MP 30 and we saw the mid blocks go off. I couldn't believe. It's my first coal train and it was a beauty. Then I was pissed because I didn't take my camera with me, but I'm glad a few people got some pictures of it.
  8. Red & Orange Fever

Comment by 'Red & Orange Fever' in media 'Switching by the locomotive facility'

I spy with my little eye.........an unpatched SP unit between that boxcar and the building.
  9. Downgrade At the Foss River Bridge

Downgrade At the Foss River Bridge

BNSF 5487 leads a mixed TOFC/indermodal train downgrade and crosses over the Foss River Bridge. The weather is quite deciving, as this is mid-summer. The summer of 07 was unusually cloudy and cold one for the Northwest.
  10. Fast vs. Slow

Fast vs. Slow

The Columbia River pattlewheel glides along the windy river as a Z-train, lead by BNSF 7752, travels along the Fallbridge Sub at 60mph.
  11. Red & Orange Fever

Comment by 'Red & Orange Fever' in media 'CN 5439 WEST'

I have a picture taken September 8, 2007 with that exact engine sandwiched between two SD40-2s on a southbound garbage train north of Tukwila, WA.
  12. Red & Orange Fever

Comment by 'Red & Orange Fever' in media 'Santa Fe at Mukilteo Wa.'

What happened with main 1? It would appear that the train is on main 2. Are they routing trains on main 1 to the far left track or is it all going over main 2?
  13. At the Alpine Cut

At the Alpine Cut

Though track work was being done in the Cascade Tunnel, an empty eastbound grain train lead by BNSF 7664, heads toward East Scenic.
  14. Streaking through the night

Streaking through the night

The crossing sign and Boeing signal stand in silent watch at Mukilteo as two locomotives on the tail end of an intermodal train head south. Catching units in the middle or on the end of trains around the Seattle/Tacoma/Everett area is pretty rare and it was a nice way to end the night.
  15. Durango in the Morning

Durango in the Morning

The first train to depart from Durango, lead by K-36 #482, steams out with the stars and stripes fluttering on the eve of our independence. K-36 #486 is coming out of the Durango yard to couple to its train and head out.
  16. Comin' round the corner

Comin' round the corner

A cold summer day on Stevens Pass gives the feel of autumn minus the leaves as a BNSF stack train drifts downgrade before going over the Deception Creek bridge. A former Santa Fe and a Norfolk Southern are in tow.
  17. Down the Columbia Gorge

Down the Columbia Gorge

A long BNSF stack train heads down the Columbia River Gorge on the Washington side of the river. A UP stack train can be seen in front of the lead BNSF locomotive on the Oregon side.
  18. Exiting Cascade Tunnel

Exiting Cascade Tunnel

Lead by BNSF 7782, along with a former SF and BN locomotives, a four unit stack train drifts downgrade after exiting the 7.8 mile Cascade Tunnel. This train would make a stop at Skykomish to discharge an unwanted passenger!
  19. Red & Orange Fever

Comment by 'Red & Orange Fever' in media 'Council Bluffs IA'

Those locomotives really stand out in the snow!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back