Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. RoadRailer

Pasco Mid-day, mid-week

I wouldn't call them mountains necessarily. The 3x2x1 grainer has the Horse Heaven Hills in the background which is a fertile plateau filled with grain fields south of Kennewick.
  2. RoadRailer

Pasco Mid-day, mid-week

Mid-day, mid-week, power around Pasco WB Z with 6 up front 6407/3975/5730/6574/971/8120 7347 293/287 6866/8257/4514/5640/9387/9276/1001/7540 and DPU 4184 1001 4184 3x2x1 grainer with 6219/8568/4764 leading 1865/1872 on the hump.
  3. Reflecting on the predecessors

Reflecting on the predecessors

Caught the BNSF 6111 25th Anniversary unit in Pasco, WA
  4. RoadRailer

Moody Morning Meet

Yes, well just a MoW flat cart that had obvious bearing failures, one completely gone and another beyond repair. It’s also missing one wheel and has been there for years (?).
  5. RoadRailer

Moody Morning Meet

Moody Morning Meet A WB grainer crept to the end of West Bates holding the main. Based upon the time I thought Amtrak would come and overtake them, but a check on the signals showed otherwise. Mere minutes later an EB manifest takes the siding. Soon afterwards the grainer departs sans...
  6. RoadRailer

Tri-Cities Railfanning 10/14/20

Crossing paths with the Byron Turn in Richland and Kennewick Pulling up out of PCA Running back to grab a tanker Back and forth Giving the vehicle traffic the okay to pass 3-1/2 hours later they made it to Kennewick only to wait for an empty grainer.
  7. RoadRailer

Tri-Cities Railfanning 10/14/20

East bound and down, loaded up and truckin.. Kennewick, WA The LID52 made quick work in and out of Richland before 0800 Getting the once-over from the conductor Nine behind the power.
  8. West Bates, WA

West Bates, WA

An Eastbound approaches the signal at West Bates, WA
  9. Amtrak Empire Builder at West Bates, WA.

Amtrak Empire Builder at West Bates, WA.

The Eastbound Amtrak Empire Builder-Portland Section streaks past the signal at West Bates, WA.
  10. Coal through the colors

Coal through the colors

Fall has arrived in far western Montana with the foliage changing to brilliant hues accentuated by the darkened mountain silhouettes and cloudy skies. St Regis MT 10/10/2020
  11. EB Zee

EB Zee

EB Zee East of Sundale, WA
  12. RoadRailer

Canadian Pacific Business Train in OR/WA

I later found out the Special used the 4107 to shove the garbage north to Juniper, where the SB manifest ran through. The FP9s continued to push the train into Wallula and dropped off the dead UP 5543.
  13. RoadRailer

The UP decided to leave the GE on the front to power the train up the Washy Sub, however between Cold Springs and Juniper sidings, the crew stated they were on fire and were bailing out. I ditched my spot at Port Kelley/Thrashers Curve to see what was happening but after an hour of not moving...
  14. RoadRailer

The CP sent a shipper's special/business train down through the PNW from Eastport, ID to Portland, OR over the weekend. The tentative schedule for the return trip Tuesday March 31: Depart Portland Amtrak 0900 to Hinkle at 1300. UP 5543 was required on the point for cab signals on the...
  15. RoadRailer

NS 8102 Pennsy in Pasco

Pennsy in the PNW. Once again yesterday evening, I was only able to catch a glimpse of the heritage unit, this time only the tail as it stuck out from behind others in the storage tracks at the roho. This morning at 0650 it was reported at the third unit out on another PASINB through...
  16. RoadRailer

NS 8102 Pennsy in Pasco

After making the trip to Canada and getting delayed for most of the day Sunday, the NS 8102 Pennsylvania returned to Pasco on the MEVEINB. Once again, I was not able to get a good picture (and only found it while scanning them from the camera).
  17. RoadRailer

NS 8102 Pennsy in Pasco

The Pennsy was heading for Canada on the INBVBC (Vancouver BC, CA) as of Wednesday night.
  18. RoadRailer

NS 8102 Pennsy in Pasco

Bill, It was scheduled to go to Interbay overnight and arrive in Vancouver by 0500, but I have not heard its current location as of 0900 Tuesday. As of 1400, it was noted at CP Interstate, which is south of Kalama, WA.
  19. RoadRailer

NS 8102 Pennsy in Pasco

This afternoon I had a heads up that NS 8102 was running as a DPU on a WB train through Ritzville, WA. About an hour later, I was informed it reached Pasco on the MLAUPAS and was on the way to be serviced, but I was 40 minutes from the yard, and losing light. By the time I got to the...
  20. RoadRailer

Road trip through Eastern WA

I will have to fix that as I was going off what I had been listed in RRPA and on http://passcarphotos.info/Indices/C7.htm, which are incorrect.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back