Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Old School Consist

Old School Consist

Everytime I railfan I always head through Highgrove on the way home, always hoping to catch something. On this day I get to the point where I can just glimpse westward and I saw some ditch lights coming my way. "Great, another dash 9 consist!". But instead I got this. It was led by...
  2. Warbonnet Ahead!

Warbonnet Ahead!

A westbound stacktrain with a warbonnet leading enters Swarthout Cyn on the Cajon Subdivision.
  3. F

Comment by 'Firehouse16' in media 'Electric to Diesel'

So I assume this isn't normal?
  4. Balloon Track

Balloon Track

A westbound takes the baloon track as it enters West Colton Yard.
  5. Thru Dell

Thru Dell

Up close, low and with a wide angle lens I catch this westbound in Dell.
  6. Palmdale Cut-off

Palmdale Cut-off

A northbound UP passes the Silverwood Crossover as it makes it's way to Mojave.
  7. Out of Blue Cut

Out of Blue Cut

Passing thru Blue Cut this eastbound enters Swarthout Cyn.
  8. Old Colton Yard

Old Colton Yard

Coming out of Loma Linda this westbound from Yuma passes the Old Colton Yard before entering the West Colton Yard.
  9. At The Diamond

At The Diamond

A westbound pases under I-10 just before crossing the BNSF Diamond in Colton.
  10. Looking Under I-10

Looking Under I-10

Looking under I-10 in Colton I catch a westbound passing Valley Blvd.
  11. Passing Under I-10

Passing Under I-10

Just another day between Colton and Cajon Pass as this westbound comes off the BNSF San Berdo Sub onto the UP Yuma Sub heading into West Colton Yard.
  12. Just Another Day at Silverwood

Just Another Day at Silverwood

A eastbound running elephant style with a new ES44DC on the led followed by a D9-44CW and a UP C45ACCTE passes by the Silverwood Cut-off as it rounds the last curve before Cajon Summit.
  13. The "S" of Stein's Hill

The "S" of Stein's Hill

A westbound BNSF passes under I-15 as it takes the "S" curve approaching Stein's Hill.
  14. Eastbound Ethanol

Eastbound Ethanol

The crew of the helpers on the front end of this train check me out while passing Hill 582. This train brokedown at Cajon Station and had to have the helpers put on the front end to help it over the summit.
  15. Passing Swarthout Cyn

Passing Swarthout Cyn

Passing the Swarthout Cyn crossing before entering into Blue Cut.
  16. Under Hwy.138

Under Hwy.138

A westbound stacktrain passes under Hwy.138 on it's trip down the Cajon Pass.
  17. NS Power at Summit

NS Power at Summit

A eastbound priority train led by NS power comes out of Silverwood at Cajon Summit.
  18. Westbound Baretables

Westbound Baretables

A westbound BNSF passes the Cargill plant with Cargill #305 in the foreground.
  19. F

Comment by 'Firehouse16' in media 'Over the top at Frost, California'

I wonder what happened to that hill to the left of the train?
  20. Old School Feel

Old School Feel

A eastbound passes thru Cajon Summit. I made this photo have the look and feel of a older film photo.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back