Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Nor Easter IL railfan

Frequency of IAIS

Does anyone know the frequency of Iowa interstate on the METX Rock Island line?
  2. Nor Easter IL railfan

Any Updates on the Restoration of 5511and 3985 in Silvis?

Has anybody heard new of how the Restoration project is going, Where they might take em after the work is finished, and a Approximate year of when they might be finished?
  3. Nor Easter IL railfan

WSOR Fox Lake sub

Recently I have been told by a friend that On Sunday a late morning Mixed freight Rolls through Fox Lake, I so far have not been able to capture this, Anybody have information?
  4. Nor Easter IL railfan

Metra SD70MACs

Metra has stated testing of the Macs would begin in spring of 23, As far as I'm aware no such thing has happened yet. Anyone have any information about this
  5. Nor Easter IL railfan

CN Waukesha Sub

Before Mundelien Illinois, The CN Waukesha subdivision is serviced by Metra's NCS Line, with not much freight traffic I've heard, Nowadays most freight traffic comes of the Leithton Sub after a curve before a diamond in Vernon Hills Illinois, I have occasionally caught a freight before the...
  6. Nor Easter IL railfan

AMTK P42DC'S

Does anyone know how much longer Amtrak P42DC'S will be in service on the Empire Builder, After a trip to Rondout Illinois, A Northbound Amtrak #8 Flies past with 2 P42's in the lead.
  7. Nor Easter IL railfan

Old WC spikes found in Mundelien Illinois

After a trip to Mundelien Illinois, I found at least 18 spikes behind the station platform. Does anyone have a guess as to what year they are from?
  8. Nor Easter IL railfan

UP 3985 and 5511

After the UP heritage donation special arrived in Silvis Illinois, restoration work began quickly. I have been told they are making steady progress on both locomotives, but does anyone have an estimate on when each will make its first run?
  9. Nor Easter IL railfan

A very unusual lashup

Today I went railfanning in Mundelien Illinois, while I saw many trains. What sticks out is the fact that towards the end of the day, A CN local Passed with a Norfolk Southern SD70ACU Leading with a ex GTW Now CN GP38-2 5086. A very interesting lashup of locomotives
  10. Nor Easter IL railfan

BNSF Aurora Sub Hotspot

Next week on Friday, I will be going to a place on the BNSF Aurora Sub Which is co-operated by METX and AMTK, Whoever is in the North East Illinois area who has experience watching trains on the Racetrack, Do you know where the best spot to set up is?
  11. Nor Easter IL railfan

What is everyone's thoughts on the CP KC merger

Hello Everyone, I am a new user here. But I have an important question for you all, What are your thoughts on Canadian Pacific and Kansas City Southern merging

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back