Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Picking up empties at salmon bay sand and gravel

Picking up empties at salmon bay sand and gravel

Trains are cool
  2. Ballard terminal RR right of way

Ballard terminal RR right of way

Just a nice view of the tracks
  3. Ballard terminal railroad’s shilshole yard

Ballard terminal railroad’s shilshole yard

lil’ beaver picks up a cut of loaded cement hoppers from BNSF
  4. Bnsf 1944

Bnsf 1944

Bnsf 1944, an sd40-2, sits in Interbay yard with a gp38
  5. Bnsf 2158

Bnsf 2158

Bnsf 2158, a gp38, sits in Interbay yard coupled to an sd40-2 awaiting an assignment.
  6. Bnsf gp25…?

Bnsf gp25…?

This engine is labeled as a gp25, but has the body of a gp50 with the number boards sticking out over the nose. Can someone tell me what this is?
  7. BNSF executive MAC

BNSF executive MAC

A Bnsf sd70mac in executive livery sits in Balmer yard in Seattle, Washington.
  8. Interbay deadline

Interbay deadline

Interbay deadline
  9. Bnsf 2159 switches coastal shipping.

Bnsf 2159 switches coastal shipping.

Bnsf 2159, an emd gp38, and the trailing emd gp39e switch reefers at coastal shipping in Seattle, Washington
  10. BDTL 98, an emd sw1

BDTL 98, an emd sw1

View from the cab of Ballard terminal railroad #98, lil’ beaver in 2020
  11. K

Comment by 'kalen c.' in media 'IMG_5393.jpeg'

Beautiful. I really wished I still lived there. I also love those old pictures of the bdtl you posted a while back! I grew up with that railroad on my door step
  12. K

Comment by 'kalen c.' in media 'BNSF 3613 at Balmer Yard'

a truly wonderful shot
  13. K

Comment by 'kalen c.' in media 'About to Meet'

cant get a view like this anymore. great work!
  14. K

Comment by 'kalen c.' in media 'Out in the Sticks'

amazing work by your wife! is that the interchange before the trail existed?
  15. K

Comment by 'kalen c.' in media 'I can do it Uncle Steve!'

i always wanted to help when i rode along, but they didnt want to be liable for anything
  16. K

Comment by 'kalen c.' in media 'Dashing Through the Snow'

wow thats beautiful! wonderful job
  17. K

Comment by 'kalen c.' in media 'Bridge 4 Ballard'

wow this takes me back! amazing shot!
  18. K

Comment by 'kalen c.' in media 'At the Trail Crossing'

man i love this shot. they don't run night jobs as often anymore, or I'm just asleep when they do
  19. K

Comment by 'kalen c.' in media 'Night Cement Delivery'

this is probably one of my favorite shots ❤
  20. K

Comment by 'kalen c.' in media 'Outside the Pen'

it still looks pristine to this day.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back