Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. IMG_5393.jpeg

IMG_5393.jpeg

BNSF business train at Stacy Street during Seafair.
  2. Old Bridge, Old Car

Old Bridge, Old Car

I was wandering around in eastern Washington and stumbled upon this old bridge just south of Rosalia (site of Steptoe Battlefield of 1858). I set up my camera to photograph in "sepia tone" and was delighted when this old car drove into my picture. There must have been some...
  3. Hillyard

Hillyard

An old building adjacent to the old GN yard in Spokane.
  4. Harold

Harold

Harold Borovec at the throttle switching in Chehalis.
  5. CC&C #15

CC&C #15

CC&C #15 is backing its train toward the depot at Chehalis.
  6. Urban Railroading

Urban Railroading

The Ballard Terminal Railroad has ten empties en route to the BNSF interchange. It is temporarily halted by an automobile parked too close to the tracks.
  7. Puget Sound Special

Puget Sound Special

Steam double header from Tacoma to Everett and back.
  8. Climax at Elbe

Climax at Elbe

9. Approaching High Bridge

Approaching High Bridge

10. East Puyallup Facility

East Puyallup Facility

In the middle of switching with over 50 cars on the line.
  11. Night Crossing

Night Crossing

BDTL 98 is arriving at the interchange with the last reefer from Western Pioneer containing frozen fish bound for the U.S. East Coast. Western Pioneer shut down their shipping operations between Seattle and the Aleutians.
  12. Milw Rd 36A

Milw Rd 36A

Former Milwaukee Road #36A is photographed just outside the Balmer Yard office at Interbay (Seattle). This locomotive was formerly engaged in Chicagoland commuter service. During the summer of 2006, it was also part of the fleet of the Golden Pacific Railroad (along with the former Reading T-1...
  13. Rayonier #2

Rayonier #2

The event was the first public excursion involving the recently refurbished Rayonier #2. This shot, taken from the cab of Hammond Lumber Co. #17, shows the #2 heading down to couple onto its train for a double header excursion up to Divide.
  14. Whoops

Whoops

Self-explanatory. Stuff happens. None of us are immune.
  15. Pacing the 2100

Pacing the 2100

After being re-railed for the second time, the former Reading 2100 is back on its way to the Tacoma Rail shops prior to its movement to Eastern Washington. In this photo, it is being towed by Tacoma Rail at very slow speed - but the effect is nice.
  16. Busy Waterfront

Busy Waterfront

Looking south from the Ballard Bridge a few years ago.
  17. ATSF 3751 in LA #2

ATSF 3751 in LA #2

This shot was taken about seven cars back in the train shortly after departing LA Union Station - roughly 8:30 am. I believe we are about to cross the Los Angeles River.
  18. Colorado Narrow Gauge

Colorado Narrow Gauge

This popped up on my gadget bar slide show, so I thought I'd share it.
  19. Bridge 4 Ballard

Bridge 4 Ballard

Night shot in the snow.
  20. Snowy Night in Ballard

Snowy Night in Ballard

Stopping by the locks on a snowy evening.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back