Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. MP 6.7

What are these?

They look rather homemade...a number of environmental groups around here were talking about putting coal dust collectors near the tracks in a number of locations in an effort to bring to light the environmental impacts of coal trains. The fact that it's in Bellingham also is a clue; that town's...
  2. MP 6.7

Amtrak Baggage Cars

I once saw a bag car in the coach yard while walking to the M's game on which you could still see the outline of the Santa Fe lettering in the stainless panel above the Amtrak striping. One of those things that you could only see in the right light as the only evidence of the lettering was the...
  3. MP 6.7

Who's got a narrowband scanner? Like it?

If you're looking for the best products possible, get yourself a VHF commercial radio. A narrowband Motorola or similar will blow the socks off any scanner in receiver performance and audio and build quality. I've been using Motorola for years and I haven't touched a scanner for anything but...
  4. MP 6.7

Who's got a narrowband scanner? Like it?

Not necessarily. I have a couple scanners that use the abbreviation NFM for narrow bandwidth FM as opposed to wide bandwidth FM, i.e. broadcast FM radio and analog TV audio. The narrow/wide differentiation serves to separate the 5KHz deviation/25KHz channel spacing communications FM mode from...
  5. MP 6.7

AMTK 184 on Cascades

Amtrak 184 (Phase IV) was on 500 this morning (12/24). Most likely will go south on 507 this afternoon.
  6. MP 6.7

Puget Sound Railroad Radio.net shuts down

We're working on it...stay tuned.
  7. MP 6.7

Minor loaded coal train derailment in Auburn, WA?

Man, I was waiting for that V-CHCTAC to leave Seattle ALL DAY...looks like it finally got through that mess after the light left...:rolleyes:
  8. MP 6.7

King5 Discussing BNSF coal trains in Washington @ 11:30pm

For those who missed it: http://www.king5.com/news/up-front/The-great-train-debate-125713753.html
  9. MP 6.7

PHL 40 (Pacific Harbor Lines) with new paint.

Went south late Monday morning on a BNSF manifest.
  10. MP 6.7

items on coal cars

I'm pretty sure all cars are like that. I think it's to aid in identification after derailments so investigators can know what car the truck came from when they're scattered all over the place.
  11. MP 6.7

Cascades unit on Coast Starlight

The 466 has been running back and forth on 11/14 for a few round trips now. Not sure what they're doing with it but I do know there are (or at least were last week) three Talgo sets running GE's.
  12. MP 6.7

Tacoma Rail coaches sitting in Dupont, WA yard.

The cars were sitting sans power down in Nalley Valley today between Union Ave and 35th. Looked like they weren't occupied.
  13. MP 6.7

Congratulations to Local Photographer

I think that was during our trip to Pengra back in December 2005. I think I was standing right there for that shot too, but mine didn't turn out all that great. Saw it while flipping through and was like "Hey, wait a minute..." ;)
  14. MP 6.7

What was this Amtrak move?

Does anyone know of the test schedule for the next couple days?
  15. MP 6.7

Loaded Grain Trains Returning to the Scenic Sub

It got to Tacoma around 2pm...knew it was it from the mid-trains. A NB grainer was waiting its turn at Harbor while the Stevens grainer was putting the train away.
  16. MP 6.7

Lights/Cameras? at North Portland Junction

It's a reader for the old school optical ACI (automatic car identification) tags. The lights would illuminate the tag and the reader would recognize the different bars as numbers. The bars were made of scotchlite-type material that was highly reflective so the system could easily recognize...
  17. MP 6.7

Tracks in the Snow 2011

That happened to my 10-22. Everything I use but the 10-22 is weather sealed so I didn't worry about it. I had to disassemble the bag when I got home to let everything dry out...the 7D still had big drops of water on it when it came out to dry! :eek:
  18. MP 6.7

Comment by 'MP 6.7' in media 'Oxman Wings'

It's taken from the bridge where Old US 30 crosses over both I-81 and the tracks just west of the loop.
  19. Oxman Wings

Oxman Wings

Winged leader 8322 helps its older brother 8234 pull a long westbound stack train out of Oxman Curve on the Huntington Subdivision on this 100+ degree August 19th, 2009.
  20. Hot Rails at Rock Island

Hot Rails at Rock Island

The eastbound M-EVESPO crawls across the Columbia River at Rock Island toward its final climb at Trinidad on this 100 degree day on July 28, 2007.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)