Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. C

Is the Fallbridge shut down?

Yup it's closed down. http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2014/03/31/2904303/plymouth-gas-pipeline-rupture.html Notice the fire burning in the building.
  2. C

Is the Fallbridge shut down?

http://www.nbcrightnow.com/story/25118246/fire-and-explosion-at-natural-gas-plant-in-plymouth http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2014/03/31/2904040/natural-gas-facility-on-fire-near.html?sp=/99/177/&ihp=1 Major explosion and evacuation at Plymouth WA. The LNG plant borders the Fallbridge...
  3. C

BNSF track projects, WA State 2014

More on the Stampede at Kennewick. What does a BDS-100 do? Will be checking the Plasser American webpage.
  4. C

BNSF track projects, WA State 2014

Shoulder ballast cleaner? Undercutter? Working on the Stampede in Kennewick.
  5. C

F Unit sighted at North Platte on Googlemap

I have a lot of free time at work? No not really. I plan on seeing Bailey this summer and was checking it out. Impressive yard indeed. Planning on checking out the triple track and getting to Rochelle. Retirement trip.
  6. C

F Unit sighted at North Platte on Googlemap

Wondered what this F unit was doing on a flat car at North Platte. Any info? Lynn https://maps.google.com/maps?q=North+Platte,+NE&hl=en&ll=41.152684,-100.829065&spn=0.000498,0.000857&sll=46.285156,-119.305842&sspn=0.233937,0.438766&oq=north+p&t=h&hnear=North+Platte,+Lincoln,+Nebraska&z=20
  7. C

NS Cars in Georgetown, KY

I haven't seen anything like that in years. Lynn
  8. C

Boeing Train

Must be a new model of 737. They only have two engines on them.....Wait for it.....
  9. C

M/V Walla Walla electrical snafu

I rode in the engine room of a Super class ferry from Bremerton to Seattle a few years ago. It was diesel electric.
  10. C

GN Caboose X234 in Seattle

May they will do heritage cabooses instead of engines. It's a start.
  11. C

Problems on the BNSF Fallbridge Sub..???

There was a west bound that followed the Yakima local last night about 2300. Lynn
  12. C

Empire Builder Heritage Heads Up!

It was dressed in UP colors. Roadrailer did you get a picture of it?
  13. C

Empire Builder Heritage Heads Up!

They came through Pasco on #28 last week? Don't remember which day. Seven cars on tour to Canada. Nice way to travel. That wasn't a Union Pacific car, it was a Central Pacific. Lynn
  14. C

What Boots Do You Wear?

My Dad worked road construction for the state and wore Whites his whole life. He had three pairs and they were all rebuilt many times. I wear Nicks, also custom made in Spokane for firefighting. Just like slippers after you get used to them. I think Nick used to work for White. Lynn
  15. C

BNSF 4723. MTS Engine

The train simulator engine is on an empty grain train going through Kennewick WA, Pasco to Spokane at 1500 hours. 3rd in consist.
  16. C

MRS train hits the forklift

Hmmmm. Something funny here. Camera set up in the bushes? Four guys couldn't push that? It didn't even appear to rock.
  17. C

Metra Locos

Sounds like fun! I thought I saw the golden dog on it. I always loved the sound of those Mack engines. Sounded tough like the rest of the truck. Yes that suspension is a little rough without a few tons, OK quite a few tons on it. Had a Hendrickson rubber block suspension on a Ford LTL-9000. I...
  18. C

Metra Locos

Nice Mack. Is it a pure Mack? The one I drove for Flying J in the 80's had a Cummins and 15 speed in it. We had some pure Mack CF fire engines in the early 70's that were very nice. Plenty of torque at low RPM's. Straight 5 speeds. You could turn a corner, go up one to 4th and put your foot into...
  19. C

NP 8mm, Pasco Yard, 1959

That's what I guessed. It looks like Selph Landing Road may have been the original hiway 395. It turns into Railroad and would have crossed the yard north of the hump and continued on down 4th Ave to town. I remember the hiway 12 intersection and the stoplight which is where I-182 meets Oregon...
  20. C

NP 8mm, Pasco Yard, 1959

I'm confused. The first shot shows a bridge and the top of the hump. There is no bridge there now. Was that the way 395 came into Pasco back then? Anybody older than me out there? By the way, love the old movies. Lynn (the rest of the yard sure hasn't changed much)

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)