Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Eastern Railfan

Boxcars

A place to share your boxcar photos. From the mundane to rare, let's see them all!
  2. Eastern Railfan

Railroading, Korean Style

I've started scanning a few photos from when I was stationed in Korea back in 2003. I wish I had checked out KORAIL (Korean National Railroad) a little more often while I was there. All of the shots in this thread were taken in Seoul. These were also really quick scans so the quality is less...
  3. Eastern Railfan

USWX Trash Gondolas

Member PEIR, had asked for some photos of Waste Management's (formerly USA Waste Services) trash gons after I had posted this thread here. I was finally able to get some better shots today. Trash Gon by VirginiaSouthern, on Flickr USWX 8130 by VirginiaSouthern, on Flickr These gons were...
  4. Eastern Railfan

Private Passenger Cars

The covered hopper thread got me thinking about other interesting rolling stock and I thought that a thread devoted to private passenger cars might be a good one. Here are a few to start the thread off. Georgia - Fort Lawn, SC - 7 Mar 10 Dover Harbor - Washington, DC - 10 Jun 11
  5. Eastern Railfan

Trying Something New

I had been meaning to try this and finally got around to it. Comin' Atcha by VirginiaSouthern, on Flickr This effect was done by setting the shutter speed for 0.5 seconds with my lens zoomed all the way in at 40mm. After depressing the shutter, I zoomed all the way out to 17mm in one...
  6. Eastern Railfan

Duckula...

Count Duckula to be precise. He decided to take a break from some light reading to pose for the camera.
  7. Eastern Railfan

Lehigh Valley Railroad

I have a fairly large collection of Lehigh Valley Railroad slides that I've been meaning to digitize. Back in my late teens when I acquired them, I had borrowed a friend's slide duplicator so I could make prints from them. I decided that since I have those and the ability to scan them myself, I...
  8. Eastern Railfan

Beside Myself

Well...behind myself actually, but beside sounded better for the subject. This was my first attempt at doing this. I bumped the camera a hair and the photos didn't exactly line up, so this is not perfect, but not bad for a first attempt.
  9. Eastern Railfan

I'm free!!!

...of Shaw AFB that is. This is my theme song for the day: April's contest and assignment will be up this afternoon.
  10. Eastern Railfan

Chasing Autoracks - 01/28/11

I took a day of leave today and decided to head west to Columbia, SC to check out the CSX and Norfolk Southern action there. Since I see plenty of CSX action in Sumter, I was hoping for more of the latter. The weather started off mostly cloudy when I first arrived in Columbia. I arrived to...
  11. Eastern Railfan

Cloudy With A Chance Of Orange

After planning to go for more than a month, I finally made my way to the South Carolina upstate to chase the Pickens Railway. The weather was kind of crappy, but the orange U-Boats of the PICK more than made up for it. Here we find the Belton/Honea Path job parked just west of the Anderson St...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)