Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Eastern Railfan

1/5/2012 Knoxville,Tennessee Artistic Class 1's and Short lines goodies

There is probably no single factor, but this forum has generally always been very midwest and western-centric, which is understandable since many of the original and current members are from the western half of the country. Because of that, threads in the Eastern US section of the forum don't...
  2. Eastern Railfan

Hello From West Virginia!!!

Welcome from Maryland! Nice to see another contributor to the eastern section of the forum.
  3. Eastern Railfan

Tracks in the Snow 2012

Outstanding job Ross! All of those photos are great, but for my money it doesn't get any better than photo #4. Well done.
  4. Eastern Railfan

1/5/2012 Knoxville,Tennessee Artistic Class 1's and Short lines goodies

Some pretty cool shots. It is nice to see someone else besides me posting in this section of the forum. Look forward to seeing more from you.
  5. Eastern Railfan

My photos from Switzerland :

Very cool photos from the shops. I'm very much enjoying this thread and look forward to seeing more photos from you!
  6. Eastern Railfan

Boxcars

Baltimore, MD - 1 Jan 12 Chattahoochee Industrial Railroad Green Mountain Railroad Nebraska, Kansas and Colorado Railnet, Inc. Kansas City Southern Southern Chattahoochee Industrial Railroad Atlantic and Western Railway Chattahoochee Industrial Railroad
  7. Eastern Railfan

Boxcars

A place to share your boxcar photos. From the mundane to rare, let's see them all!
  8. Eastern Railfan

Last Image 12-31-2011

Great night shot Mark. A fitting way to close out 2011. :)
  9. Eastern Railfan

Steve's Top 11 of 2011

A fantastic set of photos. It's been a great year for you photo-wise Steve. I look forward to your shots from 2012!
  10. Eastern Railfan

New Year's Eve SD75 Chase

Excellent way to close out the year Bill! I really dig the third shot by the tree. Excellent composition.
  11. Eastern Railfan

Railroading, Korean Style

At one time there were quite a few American diesel locomotives over there as well. SWs, GPs and SDs.
  12. Eastern Railfan

Manual Turntable

That is pretty ingenious! Nice set of photos too Dick!
  13. Eastern Railfan

Winter Solstice Railfanning

Nice work! In addition to the lighting, you were fortunate to get some good cloud contrast as well.
  14. Eastern Railfan

You're absolutely right. I had a brain fart. :o
  15. Eastern Railfan

Maintenace of Way Train

Nice catch and photos Mark!
  16. Eastern Railfan

There have been quite a few changes since 2003. Most of the green and yellow is gone, replaced by red, white and blue. They've added the KTX high-speed electric lines and have also added 8200 class electrics (made by Siemens; similar to the ALP44s in the states).
  17. Eastern Railfan

I've started scanning a few photos from when I was stationed in Korea back in 2003. I wish I had checked out KORAIL (Korean National Railroad) a little more often while I was there. All of the shots in this thread were taken in Seoul. These were also really quick scans so the quality is less...
  18. Eastern Railfan

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2015

I absolutely LOVE the composition here. Outstanding shot! That paint scheme is sharp looking. Nice catch with the caboose in there too.
  19. Eastern Railfan

RRF member 'Gohogs' passes away

May he rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
  20. Eastern Railfan

10 Dec Coal Train @ Tacoma, WA

Nice catch. Sharp video too. :)

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)