Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

55+ years ago my brother and I would visit my grandparents farm just north of West Chicago IL. I was in the area for a family memorial get together. I stopped by "the farm". Surrounded by industry and houses it is strange that the 40 acres looks the same except for lack of buildings. On the west...
  2. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

One from last week. A UP train westbound just east of Kennard. And west of California Jct, across a small trestle.
  3. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

North of Fremont today,1/28/2022 is the BNSF 5758 hauling tank cars northbound. A local railfan called these engines that could count. 57, 58.
  4. CGW101c

F40PHM-2

Not necessarily. I believe on newer locos the air compressor has a separate motor that is run from the system voltage. Hence the "Whoop" sound when the compressor motor starts.
  5. CGW101c

Rock Island GP30 at 4:40PM

Good to see the Rock colors again. Thanks for sharing.
  6. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Great shot Ed. I always like those with the heat distortion above the locomotives. And a matched pair of locos. Bonus.
  7. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Here is the 7470 at North Bend and the NS unit that was tagging along and the BNSF local engines in Fremont NE.
  8. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Christmas Eve Day dawned foggy. I love fog, so went and took some pictures. First east of Fremont is a train getting a new crew. The 8207 will head east and turn north at California Jct. While driving around I chased the 7470 to North Bend NE. Fog cleared a bit about 1/2 mile east of North Bend...
  9. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

23 degrees today with mostly local inaction with the OPPD coal locos at North Omaha and the UP local engines resting at Seward St. But the CN train was proceeding north at a blistering 10MPH heading for Denison and beyond. The old RR grade is on the north side of Carter Lake and has been...
  10. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Here is 801 Sorry about the order of the images. I'll have to learn to number them in accordance with the descriptions. Waycar is the old CB&Q terminology for caboose.
  11. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Amtrak was late again and almost got later as a semi got stuck under a bridge in downtown Omaha. But they got it cleared before Amtrak got downtown. Here are some shots at 48th St in Omaha. This is on a nice hill that had to be doubled by loaded coal trains a number of times back in the 1990's...
  12. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

October 30 find a monster UP train heading north at Crescent Iowa.
  13. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Last day of Sept 2021 finds a BNSF train at Leshara, NE (south of Fremont) and 2 UP trains near Kennard, NE (east of Fremont).
  14. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

3 from this week. The BNSF 8434 on train 410 dropping some cars off at National By Products (old name, don't know what it is called now), just north of La Platte NE. The UP 1135 on the 84th St. bridge shoving east towards Seymour. And from today a EB coal train with the 6383 waiting at Cullom...
  15. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Here are the trains at East River. BNSF 8387 WB oilcans, EB 8415 coal w DPU 9262. There was a road crossing here a while back but with a new overpass a mile east they closed this one. Nice quiet place to watch the trains go by now and you can see the WB diverging signal. Last is a telephoto of...
  16. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

High of 81 today. Nice cool morning so a trip the Creston sub was in order. Pacific Jct always has a train some where around. First up a northbound on the Napier sub with the 9289 and DPU 6342, images taken from the old Hwy 34 bridge over the Napier Sub south of Pacific Jct. This train will turn...
  17. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Definitely August in Nebraska. 98 degrees yesterday. 93 today. I have a part time gig running a 30" gauge 30 ton steam locomotive. This is the only time of the year when I question my sanity and my choice of standing next to a boiler for 8 hours. Anyway.....here are some photos I took today from...
  18. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Some pics from July 4, 2021. 2 UP trains on the move at Fremont and Valley NE. BNSF standing at Fremont. UP&KCS standing west of Mercer.
  19. CGW101c

VINTAGE RAILROAD PHOTOS

Very interesting. The July issue page 285 refers to a comment in the previous issue about not discussing “shop talk” at home. I would be interested in reading that comment on why that would not be acceptable in the early 1990’s. There is really fun stuff to read in these articles. Thanks for...
  20. CGW101c

Omaha Posse 2021

Thought I better get out this morning before it got to 96 degrees. 88 at 10am. Train 8456 west of Kennard NE at MP 354.1 and a stopped tank train east of Fremont NE. Switching in Fremont is the BNSF 2746 and the 2967 and a shuttlewagon at the Fremont power plant.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)