Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. C

Csx cw46ah

They were making them a heavy. Now there are notes to derate them back to 4400 hp. Im thinking they are thinking to derate to 4400 hp and make them a heavy. They will get more a higher tonnage rating at a lower horsepower. There doesnt seem to be a set way they are doing it. It looks...
  2. C

Csx cw46ah

Looks like CSX reducing the 6,000 hp locomotives again, to 4400 hp. looks like they have the heavy upgrade though.
  3. C

Post Your Lucky Numbered Diesels Here

Csx 666 It (CSX 666) has been out of service since 8 28 2011. it had caught on fire. Looks like it is coming back in service. has a note not to store it. CSX 381
  4. C

Prime Mover Changouts

mileage I had a Unionpacific SD70M a few days ago and it had 1,135,074 and was built in 2004. thought that was pretty cool, since talking bout mileage. i dont know if the prime mover had been changed out or not. The SD70M behind it had 999,204 and it was built in 2002. CSX 381
  5. C

Csx

I dont doubt we misuse them but we can run them without comp codes. what you mean not use the radio?
  6. C

CSX's Henderson Subdivision, 6/4/2012

wasnt me coming into kelly, I dont even know where it is. seen it on computer though. we ran it from kayne ave to birmingham. yes I think your right there real new.
  7. C

CSX's Henderson Subdivision, 6/4/2012

u100 I had that u100 going south. HEAVY 15700, usually hard to keep together, but this one ran unusually smooth.
  8. C

Union Pacific Ditchlights?

true most CSX units ditch lights flash when the horn is blown, i have been on a few that do not flash, they stay solid. I never knew it mattered one way or the other if they flashed or didnt. I mean i noticed it but never thought why they did or didnt. i was on a southern engine once that...
  9. C

Csx cw60ac

looks like they are reclassing them. i know they have gone through several changes over the years, without getting into to all that, they are already changing there class in the computers at work. they are definately going to be CW60AH instead of CW60AC. i believe the heavies tractive effort...
  10. C

Csx locomotive roster

your right. 3000 - 3024 for now
  11. C

Csx cw60ac

Does anyone on here know what csx is doing with there 6000 hp fleet? I have seen notes in the computer that say do not store for BA-- fleet reduction--unit is a heavy ac. I am guessing they are making the CW60AC into a CW60AH. Unit with this note in particular is 660. there are a bunch of...
  12. C

dash 9 dpu on coal trains?

title really says it all. wondering if the up uses dash 9's as dpu on coal trains. guess more specifically sp dash 9's that have been patched. thanks csx 381

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)