Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. afleetcommand

Today's Ithaca Central Rail Road "Salt" Train From Cargill Mine to Sayre PA.

Was doing "recon" for fishing locations...found TWO plus a train, Here is the train & those who fish will see the spots :)
  2. afleetcommand

NYS&W April First & Night Train

April Fools Train & "Night Train" with a few other bits and pieces :)
  3. afleetcommand

A Warning to any who wish to work for Class 1 Railroads

Sounds like a lot of high way departments, I got out of one after 15 years. Was Union member even pres. The hours were killer, and like you described heart issues relative to Sleep apnea are the norm not the exception. And the liability in the plow trucks is ridiculous, nod out & veer into...
  4. afleetcommand

How about some video of the NYS&W cutting up the su99 from NJ to create CL-1

Was actually in Binghamton to visit a Flea market that has a booth full of model trains. And as usual stumbled into an interesting train event, totally unprepared , No camera, just phones. SO this is a video from those phones showing some switching & then the final product of all that work, a...
  5. afleetcommand

10 Years Of NYS&W's Fleet Of EMD SD60 Yellow Jackets

Guess the lease is up this year? Haven't seen them for a while, SO a tribute to my favorite locomotives from the last 15 years plus.
  6. afleetcommand

Strasburg PA Rail Road Museum, Best On The East Coast?? Maybe

Depends on what you are looking for, Steam Town is my favorite, but this is an AWESOME Museum and very "clean". The following is a quick walk thru of exhibits that caught my attention, really need to experience that place in person.
  7. afleetcommand

NYS&W SU100 Heads East Out Of Binghamton, "Night Train"

Caught this in a snow storm .. WISHING I had a better camera!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)