Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. laredosub

Buying a new scanner - help needed

I have a Yaesu FT-250 with a Diamond Antenna SRH77CA. Works great. This radio working even better on the road with RadioShack car antenna.
  2. laredosub

UP Del Rio Sub Mar. 03, 2013

Thanks Jeff. I hope the same thing too only time will tell? Things have been pretty heavy down this way.
  3. laredosub

Thanks Brad, I actually shot that panoramic with my iPhone 5 I didn't think it would come out that great but I had the sun directly behind me so that kinda help. Thanks Bill, Yeah I see were your coming from if you are compared to Texas to North Platte Nebraska? but we do have may Union...
  4. laredosub

Hope everyone is doing well, I went out yesterday and took advantage of the nice weather we had this weekend. Started the day by heading east on US90 to get a panorama shot of parked UP Maintenance Way Equipment between Knippa and Sabinal. Its pretty neat how the MOW can make there own temporary...
  5. laredosub

UP Del Rio Sub Feb. 17, 2013

Yes sir the sky gods were good... Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Hope to get out there again soon.:cool:
  6. laredosub

UP Del Rio Sub Feb. 17, 2013

Good evening everyone, With my wife being sick with a cold this all weekend she finally let me out of the house to catch some trains. Here are a couple shots from today you could ask for a better weather. I wish I had started earlier. UP 3830 west approaching Uvalde crossing the Leona...
  7. laredosub

BNSF Hereford Sub November 2012

Thanks SP8015. It was not stop stacks and one trinity hoppers.
  8. laredosub

Thanks for the nice comments. I sure had a great time up there.
  9. laredosub

Hello everyone, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday. Well here it is... the annual November visit to West Texas. Started the journey on Saturday when I meet up with Nathan from the Panhandle a.k.a crazy777. We started the day by heading to Umbarger Texas and worked are way west...
  10. laredosub

Santa Fe F Units

Great set of photos of those F-Units out there Mark.
  11. laredosub

November 3rd Flatonia Fall Pavallion Party

Thanks for all the great commons guys. I had a lot of fun out there. Jeff it was good to see you too sir. Hope everyone had a safe drive back home. I think maybe the reason we didn't have a big crowed is because different rail events on the same day. As for the rail the traffic it was...
  12. laredosub

November 3rd Flatonia Fall Pavallion Party

Flatonia Fall Rail party and Pavilion went great this fall for watching trains until the rain arrived in the afternoon. For the most part of the day we saw quite a bit of trains in all 4 directions. Off the Cuero Sub 6 southbound and 3 northbound. For the Glidden Sub it was non stop east and...
  13. laredosub

Canadian Pacific Power on Del Rio Sub.

Thanks Jeff. Yeah hopefully a set of FXE or KCS Belle or something. Going to have the ATCS monitoring set up again.:cool:
  14. laredosub

Thanks Brad, I started using Adobe Photoshop Elements with this photos due to the overcast of clouds.
  15. laredosub

Post Your Lucky Numbered Diesels Here

CP 8888 makes visit to South Texas Here my lucky numbers. CP 8888 in the lead of a unit grain train to Eagle Pass/Mexico.:cool:
  16. laredosub

Thanks for the compliments gentleman. If only it had been a better day with a lot better light. A lot of upgrade happening out this way, everything from signals to ribbon rail being replaced.
  17. laredosub

Hello everyone went out today despite the heavy overcast to look for two Canadian friends. Started the day by heading up US90 east and came across siding meet at Knippa with the UP 7390 west and UP 3894 east. To make a long story short I end my day when I found my friends from the north at...
  18. laredosub

Railfanning the BNSF Transcon NW OK 5/17/2012

Great video looks like the new video camera is working good for you.
  19. laredosub

Who's got a narrowband scanner? Like it?

When you get ready to sell the Pro-97 let me know.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)