Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. L

Speed Limit across UT salt flats

Thanks Greg. My speedometer must be off a little.. It was about 1am and I was driving a semi truck. I had her to the floor trying to keep up with that train across the salt flats. It was cool because you could see the signals lighting up and changing colors as it aproched and met a east bout...
  2. L

Speed Limit across UT salt flats

Whats the passenger speed limit across the salt flats? I was pacing a Amtrack Train the other night at about 85-87MPH.
  3. L

Union Pacific Railroad Unveils Experimental Locomotive to Test Emissions-Reduction Te

Is the EPA forcing regulation on the Railroad diesels yet. I know in trucking it has been 5 years of nightmares for Truck Diesel MFG...
  4. L

Railroad Jobs (question)

Im thinking about making a job change. Been working in auto racing for 11 years and the travel is getting to me. job is fun but the travel sucks. I plan to start a family soon and spending weeks away from home simply wont work. I see that railroads are looking for lots of people lately and would...
  5. L

Metra Locos

yea shes been a good old truck.add oil and fuel,check the water, kick the tires and your ready to go... I bought it in 2005 and put it to work hauling End dump and low boys untill the end of 2008. no work with the bad economy. here is a better pic of the truck. This Rail line is also used...
  6. L

Metra Locos

Yea its 100% "gold dog" Mack. 1977 RS700L,Tip turbine 285HP, 2 stick 6 speed, 5 speed main with the aux stick for low,direct and reverse. total of 6 forward speeds and 5 reverse gears. 4.17 mack rears. Its a great truck for IL flatlanders. after 30MPH you dont shift anymore all the way untill...
  7. L

Metra Locos

I live at the end of the line at the Fox lake IL Metra station. they park some of the trains here for the night so they are ready for the morning rush hour. Took my 1977 Mack for a run today and took a few pics at the yard.
  8. L

UP Super Bowl Special

Have to ask. 1) Do these E units pull the train or is the new units pushing them? 2)do they take the new units with in case they have trouble with the train?\ 3) why take 2 new units? is the train that heavy that they need both if the E units failed?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)