Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. T

A fan of the CN SD70M-2

... I'm sorry
  2. T

New Symbol UP Potash Train in PNW

Train O-EOLV 17 is on its way south today from Eastport, ID from the CPR headed to Longview, WA with 130 potash loads. I assume this is a regular Canpotex Potash train. What makes this interesting is this is the first train to go to Longview and right now is the only train as such on the lineups...
  3. T

BNSF Funnel / Hi-Line / MRL traffic levels

Since Havanna st was mentioned it would be worth while to point out that the overpass project is underway and that spot is no longer accessible
  4. T

Bnsf 9647 one of a kind paint

The Vomit Bonnet! Nice catch bruce! I need to make it out to Cheney some time soon and get more time running the 2819 Brett
  5. T

Yes all Winter and spring are the heavy months for grain. June and July can be heavy depending on the market price and how much is left to move to the ports around here.
  6. T

Of course the busiest segment will be between Sandpoint, ID and Spokane on the funnel. It's been crazy busy out there today so far. July is hit and miss and it all depends on how much grain is still moving and what intermodal traffic levels are like at that point. Right now through early summer...
  7. T

Stackups on the BNSF Northwest Division

The Funnel and Hauser are going to need capacity added if any of the lines to the west are expected to add capacity. The other two fuel mains are going to need to be put in to get more trains in and out faster. Right now its not uncommon to have train sitting at Hauser Jct waiting for a fuel...
  8. T

EMD's Other AC's

Can someone explain to me the idea behind EMD's SD38AC and GP38AC line? Im not real sure of what was different or better about this type of setup etc? I have ran an ex DMIR SD38AC and it was by far one of the nicest and coolest units I have ever ran. Its my understanding that these were offered...
  9. T

KP Heads Up! CSX 847

With all the railfans complaining about "just another widecab GE" whats the cause for alarm for a CSX ES44AH? If it was a SD80MAC like it would have been a couple years ago I would agree. Just curious. Brett
  10. T

BNSF Signal changes in Spokane, WA

Just thought I'd throw up a reminder for everyone to get shots of the remaining search light signals left in and around the spokane area. The last few weeks have seen many new aluminum polls and covered hoods go up in the area. UP Jct has all new signals in Marshall Canyon and the biggest change...
  11. T

Major BNSF/UP MOW Projects in Pacific Northwest..

UP has several tie projects scheduled for the Spokane, Ayer, Lagrande & Huntington subs. Some of this work will be a continuance of work that wasn't finished in 2010. Signal work is also underway in the Blues to replace elderly searchlight and UP color light signals.
  12. T

UP SD9043MAC question

Come here to the PNW and you can see all the SD90 POS's you can stand. We have a private pool of UP SD90/43AC's starting at like 8260 all the way up to 8307. These have been equipped by UP as canadian leaders with the CPR at Eastport, ID (Kingsgate, BC). Do to added trains in the erea right now...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)