Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Trackside

Run8 Train Simulator

Here are some shots I've taken of the current route.
  2. Trackside

Run8 Train Simulator

Sweet looking forward to more routes.
  3. Trackside

BNSF Stevens Pass traffic flow question....

I'll add rumor and speculation. I believe BNSF doesn't run any real tonnage over Stevens because they don't have too, and they would rather run high priority - faster stack trains. It's far safer to run tonnage down the Lakeside/Fallbridge subs and requires minimal power at around 1 HP per...
  4. Trackside

Scenic Sub Slides

Sorry if this has already been answered, but does anyone know why they are cutting down all the trees in these areas? I understand that they do that on rocky hillsides because the trees can split the rocks up, but why on a hillside made of dirt? I was always lead to believe that the tree roots...
  5. Trackside

Problems on the BNSF Fallbridge Sub..???

I believed it all until Gus said they'd be running additional trains over Stampede.... ;)
  6. Trackside

India 2012 - 19: Goa - Diesel in Paradise II: Class Trip Morning (50 p.)

Another impressive set! Love the shot of your little neighbor. What software are you using to edit your video and do you like it? I currently use Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 and I'm thinking of switching to something else. The graphics in your video are very professional looking.
  7. Trackside

Crossing arm/light activation

I have a rough understanding of how it works, hopefully someone else can add more details: At the crossing there is a bungalow (metal shed) which has all the computers/control for the crossing. An electrical signal is sent down one rail away from the crossing and when a train gets in range the...
  8. Trackside

India 2012 - 11: Metre Gauge through the Aravalli Mountains (50 p.)

Yet another location I would have never knew existed if it wasn't for Roni's lens. Cool stuff man! Thanks for sharing it.
  9. Trackside

Wenatchee Washington Radio Feed

I appreciated the stream too while it lasted. Thanks Gary! Though above all I'd rather have more ATCS streams/routes covered online than road channels.
  10. Trackside

Wenatchee Washington Radio Feed

That's awesome Gary thanks!!
  11. Trackside

Tracks in the Snow 2012

We really lucked out on the weather and were all happy to see lots of falling snow, and lots of trains. 1. At some locations it actually snowed too hard like in this shot Saturday morning at The Slot. 2. Sometimes during the day it snowed more than an inch an hour and we looked more like...
  12. Trackside

9 Calendars for 2012!

Always appreciate your calenders Roni!!
  13. Trackside

Wellington Video

Glad you guys liked the video. I really appreciated Martin meeting us up there and had been wanting to post something to help preserve the historical aspect of whats a fairly little know disaster in this state. I also broke the video into a part 1 & 2 so it could be seen in full 1080p HD...
  14. Trackside

Puget Sound Railroad Radio.net shuts down

Agreed, thanks a lot Pete I use to listen to your Gold Bar stream and use to record your Wenatchee stream when I'd go rail fanning so I could incorporate some chatter into my videos. Thanks for all the air time it was fun.
  15. Trackside

Some Pics from Sweden

Cool photo's! I always like seeing train pics from Sweden - such a beautiful part of the world!
  16. Trackside

BNSF Investigating Tampering of Rail Lines in Southwest WA

Interesting that they sent a track inspector out to check you guys out. Suppose he was just the closest, but seems like it would be more appropriate for a member of law enforcement. Glad to hear he was a nice guy, I've found track inspectors/signal maintainers to be real nice people. As far...
  17. Trackside

BNSF Investigating Tampering of Rail Lines in Southwest WA

I wonder who in SW Washington would want to try and shut down the RR? Cough*Longshoremen*Cough..... http://tdn.com/news/local/article_dd0cca0a-e885-11e0-a1b1-001cc4c03286.html
  18. Trackside

BNSF Officers Special in Seattle

Nice catch! I'm glad someone caught it!
  19. Trackside

BNSF Officers Special in Seattle

I believe it came into town over Stevens Pass empty on the 16th. I have no info on when its suppose to leave Seattle and to where. Perhaps a RR'er can school us...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)