Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Zoohogger

Omaha Posse 2021

Had to run an errand in Gretna, Nebraska and heard on the scanner that a BNSF train was waiting for two at Melia. Found out it was Job 101 (EastBound) waiting for for 2 westbound empty hopper trains. 1. BNSF 5612 west at Melia, NE 2 BNSF 6411 west at Schram Road Gretna, Ne 3 BNSF 5009 East at...
  2. Zoohogger

Omaha Posse 2021

Nice Photos! Someday I'll make it to Ohio.
  3. Zoohogger

Omaha Posse 2021

It’s a shame to see the switcher and that CBQ RPO going to heck. I think FEVR 361 is a US Army veteran. Did you forget to bring an empty coffee cup?
  4. Zoohogger

Cornfield Express 36: Subotica (50 p.)

The Walkway Sunrise shot is a work of art. Does that rail bus in the last photo carry passengers? I want to ride on it. Rick Z
  5. Zoohogger

Omaha Posse 2021

A bit of cabin fever was relieved by a trip to Ashland on Friday the 5th. around Lunch time a KCS train was headed west and then Tom's Fremont engines brought some cars to the Ashland yard.
  6. Zoohogger

Chalco Nebraska

I have a few photos from the steam excursions in 1964 and 1965. I know that the depot was struck by lightning in probably 1965. The agent still lived upstairs at the depot until then. The 1965 photo i have shows a darker roof and boarded up windows. Not sure what year the depot was removed. I...
  7. Zoohogger

Finally!

Let's see photos of UP freight cars in Numerical order.
  8. Zoohogger

Reading 4-8-4 2102 on Track to Steam Next Year

That is amazing. I never got to see it in the 60's, Just too far away. Big Boy, Logging Mallets, Willamette. Reading 4-8-4. Just have to live long enough and steam will come back. Rick z
  9. Zoohogger

Where is the Omaha Posse?

The 1974 picture shows the low bridge that destroyed countless rental trucks. Also a number of people died by hitting the center post at high rates of speed at night. That bridge was not missed by the people of Ralston.
  10. Zoohogger

UP 9031 West from Council Bluffs

Fantastic! I've stood on the same ground as the camera man in many of the council Bluffs shots, except it was in the later 60's. Most of those locations were familiar, just wish I had been old enough to see a 9000. Rick Z
  11. Zoohogger

Baltic states - videos

Passenger train on the high trestle is fantastic!
  12. Zoohogger

I picked a heck of a year to stop drinkin'.
  13. Zoohogger

Steam - Diesel - Electric in Southern Bohemia, August 20-21 2020 (1 v.)

Roni, That was really nice. trains and scenery and good camera work. My favorite is the U46101. I noticed steam era water columns and a working semaphore. I put it up on my big monitor. Thank You, Rick Z
  14. Zoohogger

1st 4264 is my favorite. Too bad you had to wait so long. I washed windows this morning. At least my wife is happy.
  15. Zoohogger

CN in Whitecourt, Alberta 2020

First of all a belated welcome from Nebraska in the US. I looked up Whitecourt on the map and I see you are in a part of Canada that is on my list to visit. My wife and I made it to Winnipeg and are looking forward to seeing much more of Canada. Beautiful photos and I am impressed that a town...
  16. Zoohogger

Take me to the bridge next week. I don’t know where that is.
  17. Zoohogger

Here are a few more from east side of Fremont. 2 waiting trains and mounds of soybeans. And some light power waiting to go east.
  18. Zoohogger

I went up the BNSF Sioux City line this morning to check out a photo spot that looked good. Much crossing work and bridge work and no trains. Poor choice of days. Stopped at Hooper, Ne to see if Florida and Alabama 2-6-2 #18 was still hiding in the shadows. Met CGW101c in Fremont for lunch and...
  19. Zoohogger

Out and about this past week

John Deere may call you for the photo for their next sales book cover.
  20. Zoohogger

BNSF’s Marceline Sub

That's too bad. I was hoping for one more active SD9. Rick z

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)