Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Tower 55

Line from Ft Worth to Abaline - western rr??

That is the Union Pacific Baird Sub (former Texas&Pacific). At Sweetwater, TX the line changes name and becomes the Union Pacific Toyah Sub. The line runs all the way out to Sierra Blanca, Texas where it meets the UP Sunset Route (former Southern Pacific) and goes to Commie, I mean California...
  2. Tower 55

advice for a former trespasser

Silence is golden.
  3. Tower 55

GP-20Ds on the move

Didnt CORP lease a mess of them when Fortress sold off a bunch of RailAmerica GPs to get more cash on hand?
  4. Tower 55

Military guy with lots of questions.....

Are you out of JRB (Carswell)? Go talk to ol' "Frisco" Joe Holton at Ft Worth Western Railroad in Hodge Yard, see whats happening there. Dallas, Garland & Northeastern is hiring for train service. Then there are the three Class 1s here in DFW; BNSF, UP, KCS.
  5. Tower 55

Bolton's Crown Quality Wheat Express GP9 Locomotive #1005 Vernon, Texas

That unit had Kiamichi RR and Conrail heritage, but it was never with the Katy. In fact before they painted, renumbered, and re-lettered it, it was in the old Kiamichi gray with little white chevrons. When you got closer to it, you could see the Corail Quality decals under the paint. The...
  6. Tower 55

UP E units! HEADS UP!

Well, I've been looking for a reason to get back trackside. My back is soooo much better than a year ago. Looks like it will come through DFW in good light. Thank you for the heads up, and the schedule!
  7. Tower 55

UP 4141 update!

I completely agree. UP does too. UP has stated they will not repaint any of their special locomotives into Armour Yellow. They havent repainted the SLC Olympics SD70Ms, they didnt repaint the United Way SD40-2, they made a deal with GB41, and they fully intend on keeping it up. The reason...
  8. Tower 55

What Boots Do You Wear?

You can get them in non-side zip, straight lace up. You can get them in 6 inch and 8 inch models The sole is a Vibram, and when pressure is applied the heel becomes "defined"
  9. Tower 55

What Boots Do You Wear?

Again, I'm not affiliated with LAPG, they just have the best price on my boots. here's a link. http://www.lapolicegear.com/codetabo.html
  10. Tower 55

What Boots Do You Wear?

I dont work for the railroad, except when I was asked for pictures by a certain one. I wear Converse 9-inch Desert Pursuit boots with the steel reinforced Kevlar toe, shank, and heal. Mine are also side-zipper. I like them because they are very lightweight, they exceed OSHA/ANSI standards...
  11. Tower 55

21st Century Diesel Spotting?

The ACe will have a boxier nose profile, the EVO will have a more angular nose. The ACE will look like larger versions of the rads on a SD45, the EVO will look like it is two-piece with several different angles.
  12. Tower 55

Update on the City of Dallas vs. Museum of the American Railroad

MAR is a bad joke. Their arrogance and backhandedness has created this situation.
  13. Tower 55

Occupy Portland "Mom" Puts 4-Year Old On Tracks

Mother of the year award winner here. http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=2ztak_wBwGc She puts her 4,year old kid on the tracks at the Port of Portland hoping "faith in humanity" will keep her kid from death by locomotive. I cant believe these turds would stoop so low...
  14. Tower 55

RRF member 'Gohogs' passes away

I miss my friend. I'l see him one last time tomorrow.:(
  15. Tower 55

Retired BNSF GP39's

Fair enough. I was going off the title.
  16. Tower 55

Retired BNSF GP39's

Note that these are pre Dash-2 GP39s. Dash-2 made locomotives more reliable, it makes sense that a Class 1 would rather have them than a locomotive with miles upon miles or wires, etc.
  17. Tower 55

Politics & passenger rail

Dallas Union Station was built by the City of Dallas to provide the dozen or so railroads a single station within the city. It served ATSF, B-RI, CBQ, FWD, MKT, MP, KCS(L&A), TP, SLSF, SSW, SP, along with several other very small lines. Today, the city still owns it, and Amtrak and TRE run...
  18. Tower 55

Genset Locomotive - Are there commerical gensets inside?

Some use Caterpillars, others use Cummins.
  19. Tower 55

UP 4141 Back In Service

Glad to see its politically induced moratorium is over.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)